Rude 115 SPL Ignition module

Bushleaguer

Seaman
115 Rude, 1997 model. Mod#E115TSLEU. Starboard side upper ignition module has about a 1/2" square piece of plastic missing on the end. The plastic piece encases the silicone like substance that looks like it seals the inner components of the power pack. The motor runs fine in the test barrel, but I've yet to launch the boat and try it at WOT. I had no problems last year before putting away for winter. Maybe I broke the piece off when putting the cover on and off for fogging etc. Does the module need to be replaced or is the damage cosmetic? The silicone is intact with no visible damage. Thanks!

G DANE

Commander
Re: Rude 115 SPL Ignition module

Bushleaguer<br /><br />I´ve got a 1991 115, which is not exactly the same, but I looked at it. I think you refer to the upper ignition coil, which is a coil in a pvc cabinet, sealed with some kind of silicone. The spark plug wire leads from there to plug, right ?<br /><br />If you gave it a small ding, and the coil is still unexposed, no arches jumping to anywhere, you will be fine. Try to ground a wire to cowling and hold the end next to the coil when it runs with hood off. LOOK OUT for the flywheel !!!<br /><br />No archs jumping - you will have no problem.<br /><br />Happy boating

Bushleaguer

Seaman
Re: Rude 115 SPL Ignition module

Dane-<br /><br />Thanks for the reply. You're correct- it is the ignition coil according to the service manuel. I see no exposed electrics, and as you predicted, had no trouble this weekend- it ran like a champ. Thanks again!