RPM range

Have a 1998 Ranger 692 with a 1995 Evinrude 175 Intruder. What is the operating range for this motor? All I can find is WOT max is 5500 rpms but what is the range?? 5000-5500??? What I am getting is 5200 rpms with all gear and batteries just under 1/2 tank of fuel one person(driver) and 2 livewells full.Is this ok?? Same set up without livewells full is just over 5200 rpms.Motor trimmed all the way up to point of speed loss.Prop is a Raker 22 pitch performance is good just want to make sure I am not hurting motor.Thanks

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: RPM range

That's border line lugging it. The rev limiter is at either 6200 or 6700 depending on exact models. The target rpm for that motor would be 5800 with a normal load.

Typically Rangers need help with bow lift. Good choice on props. How much set back are you running?

That's border line lugging it. The rev limiter is at either 6200 or 6700 depending on exact models. The target rpm for that motor would be 5800 with a normal load.

Typically Rangers need help with bow lift. Good choice on props. How much set back are you running?

WOW 5800 rpms.. Everything I have seen and told was 5500 rpms wot. When I asked mechanic at marina about a rev limiter on the motor he said it had none.When you say how much set back what are you exactly asking? The Ranger has a built in set back if we are talking the same thing that is 9-10 inches.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

No rev limiter huh? I think your tech needs some training. Take a look at the back side of the power pack. It'll say right on it what the limiter is. It'll say 62L or 67L. Some commercial motors had 58L packs. Unless you have a blue pack from CDI (good idea) and they can set the limiter where ever you want it. 5500 is where NMMA rates the motor, it has nothing to do with it's capabilities.

The 9-10" set back is probably the step or notched transom. You'll get additional set back with the jackplate. That will help with bow lift too.