Routing of vacuum hoses

aldbra

Cadet
Hi guys, I have a 1999 yamaha sx150txrx. I bought this already disassemble due to bad rod bearing on #5 cyl. I made the repairs and assembled the engine. My question is for the hoses that connects into the fuel pressure regulator are not the same as what the parts book shows. All of the pictures I’ve seen are showing the hose from the regulator is going to the intake manifold. I would assume it is for the regulator to see a vacuum. My hose connects to a T fitting and from the T fitting there ie one hose that goes to the oil reservoir and the other hose goes int the top of the VST tank. Nothing is going to the intake which means there is never a vacuum applied. Also the high pressure PSi is at 28 PSI. All of the hoses look like they have never been altered due to the length they are now. Could this be an update from the parts diagram to never apply vacuum and would it cause low pressure. I’m just wanting to check before I put it in the water. Too much invested in the rebuild to blow the engine right off the bat. Thanks ahead for an answer.

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
There has been no change with respect for the for the pressure regulator to sense intake manifold pressure. The hose not being connected would result in fuel pressure being too high.

I will see what hose routing info I can find.

aldbra

Cadet
There has been no change with respect for the for the pressure regulator to sense intake manifold pressure. The hose not being connected would result in fuel pressure being too high.

I will see what hose routing info I can find.
Thanks Boscoe . I would sure appreciate that.