rotating trailer tires???

fishweed

Seaman
Do any of you rotate your trailer tires? Does it make a difference if the tires are bias or radial or single or double axle?<br /><br />How's that for a, "I am sick of winter and wish it was warm enough to be fishing right now" question?

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: rotating trailer tires???

I dont rotate mine. But I do keep them properly inflated and balanced.<br /><br />Edit: They may get rotated occassionaly (inadvertantly) while balancing.

imported_Curmudgeon

Chief Petty Officer

Yes ... no ... maybe.<br /><br />Yes: Why not! I've got a double axle wqith bias ply, and no way will all four wear evenly.<br /><br />No: Radials are said to be more stable on the road.<br /><br />Maybe: Depends on size and weight. I've had a 3500# single loaded with 2600# of boat; didn't even know it was back there. I now have a 6000# double loaded with 4500# of boat; no question that it's back there!

superbenk

Commander

Thought I'd resurrect a 2yr old thread because there doesn't seem to be any conclusive answer here. I have a single axle with bias ply tires, should I rotate them side to side every once in awhile (say, every year)?

tswiczko

Master Chief Petty Officer

If you notice an uneven wear condition I would definately rotate them, if they wear evenly what is the sense of rotating. It probably wouldn't hurt though if you wanted to spend the time doing so.