rookie

gzittel

Recruit
Thanks guys for the info.
I should have included that the boat has 115 merc 17ft bow rider(mark twain)
I plan to take to a shop to have engine checked over. When I purchased the boat the friend who went with has been around boats. though it was in good condition. We start engine(with water ). The previous owner pass away,I was able to speak with the owner prior to that who has a rep for taking good care of things. They gave me a couple sets of manuals which appear to cover alot regarding engine( I 'll have to research them for the cable replacement info) I think I'll have a shop do the first time out. I like to restore things always want to do a boat. (sorry to be long winded)
A couple more question if you dont mine.
Our marinia and shops (for the most part) honest or is like auto's buyer beware.
There appears to be what I believe is called " bottom paint " on the boat what to you do to maintain this or just leave it alone?
Last question is there any good places to go and learn more about maint and restoration of boats.... Thanks again to all

James R

Commander
Re: rookie

Welcome to the club.
My pride and joy is my 17ft BR 1978 Mark Twain. I have a '94 140HP Suzuki on the back. Great rig. Try Marktwainboats.org and get signed up. Wont cost you anything and the guys are avid MTers. Lots of good info on your boat.