rolmops, question.....

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class
have you ever used the olive oil in your menorah? if so, have you ever put together your own oil with wicks or do you buy the oil/wicks combined from somewhere specific? I am considering the oil this year and was just wondering.<br /><br />Thanks in advance, :D

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: rolmops, question.....

Hello,sorry for reacting so late.<br />Yes we have had several.Some were made by the kids and we also bought one.<br />Usually the shape of the menhora is such that it can hold small open vials or it has small metal reservoirs.We never did our own wigs. We just picked some up in a shop.(the same ones you would use to make your own candles)<br />As for olive oil, it needs to be very pure,or it will stink up your house (believe me,I learned the hard way)and the smell will not go away after a day.We just used what we called lamp oil with a bit of scent.<br />I am sure that you will be able to find everything you need in Miami.If you have a jewish neighbor they will be very happy to help you get what you need.

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: rolmops, question.....

thanks rolmops, I think I will just find a place where I can get the olive oil/wicks together already and use that. I already have a beautiful menorah, I just need to get either the candles or the oil/wicks. I'm gonna try the olive oil this year. <br /><br />I love learning about the Jewish holidays and traditions. Thanks for getting back with me. <br /><br />And by the way, we live in Milton. Miami is just a little too big for me. Milton is up in the Panhandle of Florida (where Hurricane Ivan hit) 30 miles east of Pensacola. :D :D