Rolmops, OMC or MY

gaugeguy

Captain
Do any of you guys know if the DEC has released any info on dmp tags for Wildlife Management Unit 6J yet?

Carphunter

Commander
Re: Rolmops, OMC or MY

I don't know, but the DTT, said the the OVC would have the tags for unit DS6 soon, but only if the ACC and the SEC didn't get them first. Watch out for the CIA and the FCC, heard they might be trouble.<br /><br />Man, all this talkin in "code" makes me feel like James Bond. :p

LadyFish

Admiral

This is all TMI for me.
11.gif

gaugeguy

Captain

The original post was to the guys in upstate NY to see if they are going to give out doe permits for a certain area in the adirondacks that I hunt in.<br /><br />Then Carpy confused everyone, including himself :rolleyes: <br /><br />And an ID-10-T form is easier to understand if you take the hyphens out...IDIOT :D

gaugeguy

Captain

Yeah, I looked there MY, but no info as of yet. That area usually doesn't give out tags, I am bringing a couple newbies to deer camp this year and they wanted all the info they can get.

Carphunter

Commander

Well now, I know when I'm not wanted. :( ..... :D <br /><br />I thought we was just playin "James Bond", thats all. Personally, I would have to be Sean Connery(sp), he was THE James Bond.<br /><br />Doe permit :confused: , GG, I was just curious, how can you tell they're does, when they still have spots? :p <br /><br />.......poor ....poor....Bambi..... :D

gaugeguy

Captain

As a matter of fact I did, last updated June 2003 :( <br /><br />All the northern zones that are right on the river and lakes max out the doe permits. Unfortunately deer camp is in a high snow area where they have bad winters and high fawn mortality rates quite often.<br /><br />Can't kill does around here. The newbies we are bringing to deer camp are teenagers and we'd like them to drop a couple does so they will get the hunting bug and keep it.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Don't diss the does, Last year we were allowed One buck and up to four does. If it wern,t for the extra tags I would had to eat chicken lastnight. Dang fine eating, thats one of the reason's I hunt. As for the fawn's well uhm..... I'm not saying anything other than it didn't have spots, opps. shhh....

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

GG, there is a way as a "landowner" you can apply<br />for a deer mgmt. permit for your land. worth a try<br />at least.<br />plant some corn in a hurry and after the deer eat <br />it all... :p

one more cast

Captain

gauge guy, I don,t ever apply for dmp's (deer management permits). up north here we can take either sex with bow or black powder and antlers only during the regular season then another week of either sex if you got any tags left. I usally get all the meat I can use.so I can't help ya. <br /> MY is right, make friends with a farmer and you will get to shoot all the deer you want on neusance (sp) permits.

gaugeguy

Captain

That would be great if I was hunting where my Gram lives (Potsdam / Norwood area) tons of farms around, and all very friendly with the family. Unfortunately deer camp (owned by my uncle) is in Childwold, just west of Tupper Lake. The area we hunt is behind a scout camp, and there isn't a house for 50 miles (or at least it seems that way when you are "turned around" in the big woods).<br /><br />I usually take a trip up to see the family in June, so I'll pick up my license and get the info on the dmp tags then. Thanks guys.<br /><br />Carpy, you know I was just bustin your chops, you can trash any thread of mine anytime ;) Oh BTW, if I could be any man on earth, it would be Sean Connery, women just love that old man ;)