Rolmops, a question

SoulWinner

Commander
Rolmops, you mentioned you were in Israel?? I am going there with the wife, hopefully this year. Are you an Israeli? If so I have some questions I'd like to ask you regarding some things like the sacrifice, when will it be reconstituted? Since Mohamed never visited Jerusalem, why does the El Aqsa Masque sit on the Temple Mount? What are the plans to rebuild the Holy Temple??

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: Rolmops, a question

I'll get to it,just give me a bit of time.I am teaching some classes right now and I need a lot of time for preparation.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Hello Soulsaver.<br />I lived there for thirty years.<br />I will try to answer all your questions although it may take a while.<br />In the year 70 A.D. the second temple which was build by king Herod was destroyed by the Romans. As a sign of victory the city was plowed with a yoke of oxen. The romans build 2 temples to their gods on the temple mount. Jerusalem became a garrison town of little importance. The Jewish people were confronted with the loss of the religious rites because jews were not allowed in Jerusalem.Then a priest called Hillel came up with an alternative. He convinced the people that animal sacrifice and other temple rituals could be replaced by living a righteous life whith prayer and good deeds. He promoted a structure of morning, afternoon and evening prayer which is used until this very day.<br />When will animal sacrafice be reinstituted?<br />Within Judeism there is a small group of cohanim (priests)who have started living in the old city and they study all the old traditions.They very much want to rebuild the temple.They have even contracted architects to design the plans.For the most part however,the jewish people are modern and animal sacrifice instead of prayer seems barbaric to most.<br />There are 2 mosques on the temple mount.Why?<br />When Mohamed was 19 years old he married a widow.She owned a camel caravan transport company.For a time Mohamed traveled with this caravan and he probably passed through Jerusalem.We know that he was greatly influenced by Judeism and Christianity mostly because these were monotheistic religions instead of the pantheon of gods of the arab world.It is written in the koran that Mohamed traveled to Jerusalem in a dream on a magic horse and he ascended to heaven from the top of Mount Moria.When after the the dead of Muhamed, Abu Baker conquers Jerusalem(734) he rips the Roman temples apart and builds the El Aksa mosque(this was a wooden structure).A short time later he starts the building of the Omar mosque right where the temple was on Mount Moria.<br />In the 11th century the Crusaders take over Jerusalem.They destroy the El Aksa and build a huge church instead. They also turn the Omar mosque into a church.The crusader get kicked out after 90 years in Jerusalem and the churches become mosques again.What is todays El Aksa used to be a church which was owned by the templer knights (El aksa is arabic for "farther removed" as opposed to Mekka and Medina which are closer together)<br />Today there are these 2 mosques a few smaller ones and a new one is under construction.<br />Jerusalem is the third holiest place in islam.In arabic Jerusalem is called "Al Kuds" which means the "holy one" <br />To destroy these mosques in order to rebuild the temple will certainly cause the entire arab world to unite and start a war that has the potential of becoming the biblical Armageddon.This might seem to be part of the prophesies.But for the people living in Israel it would mean yet another terrible war,which is about the last thing we want.<br />I hope this answers your questions.

SoulWinner

Commander

Yepper, that about covers it. My curiosity comes from reading and studying the book of Daniel and Johns Revelation. In the Book of Daniel which was referenced by Jesus Himself when asked by the disciples for a sign of His return, specifically mentioning the "the Abomination of Desolation." So I studied that. In the section of the book of Daniel dealing with the Abomination of Desolation, it talks about the days from the end of the daily sacrifice and the destruction of the Temple, and the cleansing there-of. <br /><br />In the following section I will honor you by writing out the descriptive name of our Father as "G-d" as is respectful custom among many Israelis.<br /><br />G-d was faithful in upholding his covenant with Abraham. He rose up a great and mighty nation from Abraham's seed. When I read about ways that G-d faithfully honored this covenant, as with Gideon, in Judges chapter 7; G-d has prooven throughout the Israeli history that I am familiar with (mostly old testament bible) that He will miraculously go out before Israel and deliver victory to them(the Israeli victories against the Arabs in the last 60 years are nothing short of miraculous). When Ariel Sharon (sp?) became the PM, I thought that, based on his past, Israel would take back, or at least begin to take back Gods promises. Israel is ordained to be a greater nation than they are right now.<br /><br />I have been told that Israel is now in a secular state. See, I have heard that just as in days of the book of Judges, the might and security and blessings upon Israel are in direct correlation to their collective obedience to the Law. In the early Old Testament when they strayed from the Law and prescribed worship (when wickedness abounded) then they as a nation would fall into captivity or some calamity would befall them. Then in the next generation a righteous leader would rise and lead them back into the prescribed worship practices, they would as a nation rise again. (Judges 2:17-19)<br /><br />See, I know that G-d does not want the Palestinians terrorizing Israel. I know that Almighty G-d does not want Israel to stand in fear of it's neighboring countries. It's all through the bible, Israel is G-d's chosen people. King David, for all his faults was the "apple of G-d's eye." It kills me to see a people that I love in the condition of battling for their own right to exist as a country. Especially knowing that there is no such thing as a Palestinian, unless if you want to be historically accurate in the flesh, the Jews are the only true Palestinians. The Arab remnant that still exists within Israel, so loved and welcomed in the neighboring Arabs countries, Lebanon STILL has refugee camps for the Palestinians?? They love them but won't let them integrate into the their country. The Arabs have spent the last 60 years taking every opportunity to manufacture evidence of wrong doing and ill treatment from Israel, and the press today eats it up. The wailing women that are shown on TV every time the Israeli Army surgically removes a terrist.....they are PAID to do that!!! They're job is to wrap up in black and hit the streets wailing every time a terrorist is killed.<br /><br />I would like to see Israel rise up, take their borders, take their temple, and conquer their enemies as G-d has promised to deliver the enemies into the hands of His people. Gideon (Jerubbaal) let 31,900 of the men of his army go home, and with 100 men saved Israel. I believe that a day will come where Israel will reinstitute the sacrifice because G-d demands blood. G-d never ceased to demand the blood sacrifice(unless you believe that Jesus was the son of G-d, died and shed His Perfect Blood to end all need for the sacrifice, and rose from the grave, conquering death for us), the Jews just ceased to offer it. I'm no biblical scholar, but from what I understand, when Israel does what G-d demands of them, they become great and mighty and no force on Earth can overcome them. That is the Israel that I pray for.<br /><br />Thank you for your response to my questions. I hope and sincerely pray for Israel. I pray for the Jews that are coming home to Israel, may they find jobs and comfortable living among their brothers and sisters.<br /><br />Shalom

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

it never ceases to amaze me what one can learn<br />from this site :)

SoulWinner

Commander

Hi MW, :) <br /><br />In 571 AD, Mohamed was born in Mecca. Mecca was historically a hub for idolatrous religious activity. As Mohamed grew up he was sickened by this. He saw and could feel the magnificence of creation, and the sight of people bowing down to worship idols created by the hand of man was disgusting to him. He looked then to the Jewish faith. As he studied, he thought that the religion had come to rely too heavily on the Talmud, which had grown from the law as given to Moses to this huge unwieldy body of rules and regulations for every facet of life. He could go to synagogue and ask questions, and the answerer would become an argument between the Rabbis in the very smallest minutia of the Law. Disillusioned by this he turn to the early Christian church. At this time the church had it's center of power in Rome, but as evidenced in Paul's letters to Corinth, many of the churches that were scattered across the region were allowing practices that contradicted the Gospels. Also, at that time there was no bible to rely on, so there were books all over the place presenting doctrine that was all over the map. Confused and yet more disillusioned by this Mohamed became bitter. He knew there was a G-d out there, he desperately wanted to worship this great G-d of all creation, so he started meditating to G-d directly. This is when he started to receive visions that became the foundation of the Islamic religion.<br /><br />Genghis Khan (sp?) also tried out the early Christian church. He asked Marco Polo to send to the church of Rome and ask for 100 teachers to come and teach Him and his tribes the doctrines of Christ. After a year two priests show up. At the introduction, the priests were instructed to say only that they were politically and ecclesiastically affiliated with Rome. This was such an insult to Khan that he sent them packing, embraced the religion of Islam and spread it all over, from China to India, to Russia; all over the near, middle and far East.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Maybe one other footnote about the rise of Islam is in place here.<br />The byzantinian roman empire and the Persian empire were at war from 614 until 628.This war left both empires exhausted.When the arab armies went out to spread islam a few years later(632) they had no real opponents because there was no money to raise defending armies.the result was that the Persian Empire completely collapsed and half the byzantinian empire fell under islamic rule.