Rodbolt- Quicksilver Control.

Lloydramdeen

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hey mon.<br /><br />I have put up the 225 hp for sale, guess it will take a while ..will let you know when I am ready for the four stroke motor. The news from the guys that have them here is that they are quiet and very fuel efficient. A few have encountered fuel pump problems.Has that been your experience on that side ?<br /><br />I have this other small boat That I am trying to set up and plan to put on this almost new four stroke 25 yamaha motor.I have a new quicksilver control <br />lying around ..will the yamaha cables work with it or do I have to buy a Yamaha control ? Also do you recommend a temperature gauge for this engine ? Is that the same as a water temperature/ pressure gauge ? I know you need it for the bigger engines.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Rodbolt- Quicksilver Control.

wahoo<br /> the quicksilver control wont work correctly on the yamaha. some controls you can alter the throw to fit mut usually its more trouble than its worth. on a 25 I would not use any gauges. use the factory tach maybe but most the 25 and smaller I dont use anything but a tach. the alarm systems work well the only draw back is the 2003 and earlier were grey painted mercs all the way down to the ign system.however they seem to work well. if you get the stroke on the box correct you will need cable adapters on it to adapt the yamaha(33series) cables to the box. on the f225 you will find a water pressure gauge to be a teat on a boar hog. those motors use a low pressure system and dont really have much. a water temp gauge is optional. <br /> let me know how the project is going

Lloydramdeen

Petty Officer 3rd Class

thanks rod.<br />I figure I will need a standard side mount 701-48101-51-0 control box .for yamaha. <br />Will let you know of further setbacks if any.

orca

Chief Petty Officer

G,Day, I think that you can use the quicksilver box, Mercury made cables for the early Mariners that were built by Yam, the control end was Merc the other end was Yam, Part No. 88114aXX depending on the cable length.