rodbolt-1994 Yamaha 225 changing gauges to analog

Lloydramdeen

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi Rodbolt<br /><br />The multifunctional gauges got shot as a result of the heat from the sunlight in this environment and I am thinking of replacing them with analogs. i KNOW THAT THERE WILL BE MORE GAUGES TO INSTALL BUT i WILL SAVE BIG BUCKS. wHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THE SUBJECT ? tHE TECH HERE SAYS IT'S NO PROBLEM "MON" ;) <br />hOW'S VENEZUELA ?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: rodbolt-1994 Yamaha 225 changing gauges to analog

I dont reccomend it. if you do you will find only the yamaha trim meter will work, no aftermarkets availible that work with the 3 wire set up correctly. and you will have to rig a indicator for oil level and oil alarm.<br /> yamaha does make an analog gauge with the indicators. if ya call about you will find a few places that can sell ya new digital one for less than 250 and they are plug and play. <br /> I think I will have a couple used ones next week, guy with a cat hung a rod on one of his 95 carbed 250 yams and I think he will have to have 4 tachs and 2 engines<br /> Venezuela was way cool with some good fishing, got us a jugnle trip to the orinoco river for some payara and pavon in january :) . gotta fish mon :)

Lloydramdeen

Petty Officer 3rd Class

good thing I talked to you instead of go cutting wires ! I got a brand new multifunctional digital for US$150.This friend had an extra one and made me a deal..That's the one with the fuel gauge..<br /><br />The other one with the "tach" which is the better of the two has another 6 months or so to go. after 2 hours of running its difficult to read. If you have a good used one coming up, we could trade for a bottle of good rum mon.. <br /><br />thanks for the sound advice.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

dude mon<br /> ill know sometime this week. its a 38ft cat with a pair of 250 V76 motors of about a 95 vintage, 2 of the tachs have always been in the cabin :) .<br /> ill let ya know, if the rum is as good as some of the VE stuff ill love it :)

Lloydramdeen

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I am visiting my daughter in Atlanta next week and I will definitly have a bottle- Tach or no tach mon... Tried to send one to the guy I bought the boat from in Key West time last time I came there and UPS said sorry they dont transport spirit.seem like you have to head this way next vacation.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

cool I have a sis in atlanta that I stay with when I am at yamaha schools. got another coming in march, they finnaly have the masters course ready. its the last one I need to get my master tech. not that its worth anything but its been a goal. I have been waiting for this course to be finnished for a bit now. nope UPS wont deliver booze :)

Lloydramdeen

Petty Officer 3rd Class

770-241-8218 ..Andrea.. will there between Nov 12-19, thats in Duluth. will have it ready..thats her cell.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

ok I hope to star derigging the cat this week or early next week, I suggest you edit out her phone number. if I get one off sooner ill try to UPS it there. ill be back in atlanta in march anyway.

Lloydramdeen

Petty Officer 3rd Class

thats the number there above..if your sister lives nearby in Duluth, she is welcome to pick up the bottle. If not it can remain there until March, it will only age and get better..Dont worry too much about the tach, i go to Miami for 2 weeks after leaving Atl. sure to find one there on spot. I have a small boat I am doing a project on so I will be visiting some boat yards for a trailer,etc to ship back

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

let mr know if ya need anything, I have a part or two out back.

Lloydramdeen

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Rodbolt<br />I had to postponed for trip for a few days. please email me<br /><br />wahoo@anngel.com

Lloydramdeen

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hi Rodbolt<br />Will be in ATL on Friday Nov 18, for one week and I will have that stuff there. Call Andrea 770-241-8218 in the evenings to arrange pick up or we will deliver if its nearby or whatever possible.

Lloydramdeen

Petty Officer 3rd Class

rodbolt<br />We have not received ur call and the stuff is here, 750ML,APPLETON VX.WE ARE in the 30096 zip code area. Duluth, Norcross, Gwinnet areas OF Georgia .If your link is nearby, we will gladly drop it off .<br /><br />I want to get an independent temp. gauge as well.Should I get the water pressure or the water temp ? I need a gauge that will notify when the cooling system is falling short, like when the impeller is going. The existing tach gauge does work but there is no prior notice, the alarm comes on and you are miles offshore.<br />Remember I disconnected the VRO System long ago.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

then you will need a water pressure gauge, the yamaha one is pricy but fits well with no hassles, good luck getting the plug out of the block to install it. best is to replace the pump kit every other year and odds are good it will never fail. ill get that tach shipped tuesday I hope, I got the cat rigged last week so ill see what I can get shipped. ill ship it to that GA addy. email me the addy to rodbolt40 at yahoo and add a phone # then go back and edit out all your sisters info from the forum.

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Rodbolt, enjoy your rum...... Guess we may not hear from you for a day or two.

Lloydramdeen

Petty Officer 3rd Class

okay Rodbolt , sent you the mail mon.