rigging 2 kneeboards to boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

TThacker

Recruit
Im a new boater with a 2014 Skeeter sl190 with the Yamaha 175 and have been using it mostly for tubing but now the boys 15,16 want to wakeboard/kneeboard. My thought was 2 purchase 2 kneeboards and pull them together but Im not sure about the proper method of rigging this up. what do I use to connect both ropes to the pylon? Thanks guys. They wanted the wakeboard first but out on a friends boat last week and they never were able to get up on it. thought wed do baby steps

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
welcome aboard.

I suggest starting by towing one at a time.

TThacker

Recruit
that is the plan in the beginninng but hope to be able to do both at some point. They would need to be able to get up and on the board and be comfortable. Im just looking at what I will need to make this happen when the time comes. you can't find hardly anything in the local sports stores related to water sports.

jebby

Petty Officer 2nd Class
not much help to you sorry. all I could think if is if my brother and I were a year apart and up on boards together as teenagers, it would have been a battle to the death...……… good times.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
the problem with two boards off the back of one boat is you would need to have one rope much longer than the other and mounted much higher than the other or you end up with two people smashing together, getting injured and no-one has fun.

MRS

Commander
use to ski doubles just shorten one rope and good to go. Would cut across each other up to skiers to raise ropes when the other is cutting across was fun...

Tim in TN

Seaman
I pull two skiers all the time but only with the ropes the exact same length. If one is cutting in front of the other and they wipe out they will be hit by the other one and likely have bad injuries.

TThacker

Recruit
same length seems way to go with tubes, much of the tube action is determined by driver and less by the rider. I have 2 teenage boys 1 yr apart and everything is a competition.. lol. 15 and 16 full of testosterone.

capecodtodd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
We used to have all kinds of fun pulling 2 kneeboarders. I was really good at cutting, holding it and drowning the other guy under a wall of water. I didn't have a pylon. We used the 2 hooks on the back of the boat used to tie down the boat on the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.