reversed power cable connection

Fixit

Cadet
was reading the manuel on a MDL#65273S 65 hp 72 evenrude ser #Jo17641 and got to wondering what the out come, in damage terms , would be if the - was hooked to the + and the + to the -,( battery to main power cables) inadevertantly. this has NOT happned, but , you know the old saw about curosity. I'm sure this has happned to some one some where, but at this point I have not found it.<br />Thax

Hooty

Rear Admiral
Re: reversed power cable connection

PROBABLY let all the smoke out of the powerpack. However it has been done without hurting anything. :confused: <br /><br />c/6<br /><br />Hooty

alcan

Commander

Yes indeed Hooty speaks true. Some times you get lucky. Possiably smoke the rectifier, fuses,etc. It pays to pay attention.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Amen to alcan and Hooty...<br /><br />A gent got a brand new rectifier off me for nothin' cause I didn't pay attention to what I was doing. (rectifiers got lots of smoke in them to)<br /><br />Jim :eek:

rons boat

Petty Officer 1st Class

Outboard Jim People asks me what allows a rectifier and modules to function. I always reply that they work on smoke. Proof: Just let the smoke out even one time and they don't work anymore.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

LOL!!!<br /><br />Amen brother Ron Amen!<br /><br />Jim