RetNave

Fly Rod

Commander
RetNave

:) Sorry about your motor problems!!!<br />Read in another post that you have a 26' Dusky!!!<br />I have the open fisherman 26' like the boat very much!!! <br />Have only owned it a couple of years. Had it out in some rough seas a couple of times and have been out about 22 miles. Really like the high gunales and full transom.<br /><br />How long have you owned yours??? <br />How do you feel how it handles???

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: RetNave

Re: RetNave

Fly Rod,<br /> My dusky is the 256 wac that I have owned for about one year and I really like the boat. The roughest water I have been in is about 7' seas. Coming back to port directly into the wind from 22 miles out was interesting to say the least. We did stay dry and with the bennett trim tabs were able the keep the bow cutting the waves and provide a fairly smooth ride. Although we had to slow to around 25 mph with the way it trimmed out it wasn't a bad ride.<br /> This weekend with one motor running bad and opening it up I clocked 42.3 mph by the gps. Thats plenty fast and if I can get the port motor to running right it can only be an improvement in all aspects of operation.