Retirement......Ain't All It's Cracked Up To Be

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
IT'S BETTER!!!!! I'm having a ball!<br /><br />Forgot what it was like to:<br /><br />Work an 8 hour day...more like 9 at the shop....not the 12 hour shift at the plant which was more like 13 to 14 hrs.<br /><br />Plan things without having to consult my work schedule.....like fishing trips.<br /><br />Go to bed EVERY nite with the wife.<br /><br />Feel good every time you wake up. Mids could be a bear.<br /><br />Not eat outta' a lunch bucket.....sandwiches are such a drag....musta' tried a million different ways to make them taste different...impossible to do.<br /><br />Not worrying about the call out phone call....this was a real pain...get all ready to go some place and the beeper goes off. Go to work instead.....SIANORA BEEPER!!!<br /><br />Not wonder what the heck day of the week it is.....not that I really care.... :) .<br /><br />Not wondering what time of day it is, where you are and "should I be at work?" or am I working today. This happens when your sleeping off a midnight shift and you just wake up for no reason and there's about 5 to 6 seconds of a totally blank mind.<br /><br />Have the audasity to plan a TWO week vacation....let's just make it three, instead of a one week vacation.<br /><br />Hit the snooze button!<br /><br />Cook....when I want to.<br /><br />Plan a job at the house in ONE stage....not two or three. You have to do this when you work shifts. Where to stop so it's not an inconvenience untill you can get back to it.<br /><br />Having a Longneck just about whenever I feel like it.... :) <br /><br />Retirement....... I LIKE IT!!

tylerin

Commander
Re: Retirement......Ain't All It's Cracked Up To Be

Congrats OBJ, I can't wait

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Awww, life is pretty tough up there aint it OBJ? :D <br /><br />And just to think of it makes me get chills up and down my spine. Only 6,663 more days to go! :rolleyes:

NYMINUTE

Captain

6 years, 7 months, 20 days. I'm outta here.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You earned it OBJ. Glad you are enjoying.<br /><br />Have you tried longndck and cold pizza for breakfast yet? :)

gaugeguy

Captain

27 years almost to the day :( :(

tylerin

Commander

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Have you tried longndck and cold pizza for breakfast yet? :)
Longdck? :confused:

gonfishn

Commander

Its amazing how mispelling a word can take on a whole different meaning..<br /><br />Enjoy OBJ..

Bondo

Staff member

Glad to hear You're Enjoying it.......<br /><br />I decided to take a Shortcut 14 years ago........<br /><br />I work Outdoor Construction... Building Driveways, Parking Lots,+ Roads.........<br />Work from the 1st of May, till Thanksgiving........<br />Every Year,... 6 months On,+ 6 months Off........<br />It would be nice if the seasons were Switched,.... <br /><br />Semi-Retirement.................. I Love It.....

jimalsk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

2years 16days 7.5hours

eeboater

Commander

Ugh... @26... thats seems like light years from now.<br /><br />Sean

rogerwa

Commander

Twenty six years to go.. But I have four kids to get through college.. Maybe 36 years to go..

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

32 days for me. Then I'm selling out.<br /><br />WTG OBJ. Enjoy the longnecks.

dolluper

Captain

Been checking out those long-necks for a year and four months it is great glad to see you joined the club you never look back and it is truly living you can say now

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Thanks guys.<br /><br />Maybe we otta' plan a huge retirement party. Celebrate everyone that's retired, and everyone that will retire. Wow!......that would be a bash. 50k + iboaters on some lake. I don't think Budweiser could make enough longnecks.... :D

Link

Rear Admiral

Congrats OBJ! <br />What time is it?? Who cares! :)

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Congrats OBJ. Enjoy!That fine time of retirement is another 20+ years, but I don't think I'll ever fully retire. I enjoy teaching too much. But it would be nice to do it because I want to not because I need to.<br />Bassy

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I'll be retiring in 19 years and 5 months. I will start again somewhere else after that though. When I do it will definitely be doing something I enjoy.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Hmmmm,<br />2 more years and I will be eligible to retire from the USAF. I think I will make the wife work full-time then... :D <br /><br /><br />AK Chappy

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

OBJ you are absolutely right about retirement. I have been liking, enjoying, loving it...Can't find a word that fully captures how enjoyable it is. Hope you continue to enjoy yours.. :D