Resto done! engine starting questions

rennen

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi there.<br />I have finally completed my restoration project on a 1957 14ft Rockholt utility (mahogany top). The boat is beautiful and the motor looks great too. I aquired the motor from a guy near Canada. He told me that it was on his fishing boat for years and ran strong. I don't have compression numbers yet, but engine truns over by hand, and the lower unit looks straight. <br />I plan to dunk the boat this week so I can tune the motor. What is the fuel oil mix for a 63'evinrude 40hp Lark 5? Is there anything that I need to change being that it was a salt water motor and I will only use it in fresh. <br /><br />Thanks guys<br />Sal

Paul Moir

Admiral
Re: Resto done! engine starting questions

24:1 87 octane gas to TC-W3 outboard oil. Check out the oil mix FAQ in the FAQ forum for details.<br />Change out the impeller soon if you don't know how old it is. A decarb wouldn't be a bad idea either - check out roscoe's FAQ on that.

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: Resto done! engine starting questions

Best of luck with your Big Twin. There are lots of them owned by members of this forum, and lots of help available for them.<br /><br />Here's hoping your first day on the water is a great one!