Repower to diesel

poliz296

Cadet
I am sure that other people have asked this question before but I could not find any good answers online. <br /> <br />I would like to know if an alpha 1 drive will handle the extra torque produced by a yanmar diesel<br /><br />Also I would like to know if there are any mounting kits made for the yanmar to alpha one(GEN II) drive. If anybody knows anything about going to diesel and keeping alpha's without going to the bravo series I would appreciate it.<br /><br />Thanks

tommays

Admiral
Re: Repower to diesel

Cummins MerCruiser 1.7L Alpha 1(120hp) - Opt<br /><br /><br />trophy boats offers it as and option on 2 boats the 1952 and 2052 its a 7000 dollar upcharge over the base motor<br /><br />i have been shoping around and thats the only diesel i have seen hooked up to an alpha<br /><br /><br />tommays

poliz296

Cadet

How much power to you guys think one of the alphas could handle (lb/ft and hp) Also anyone know how well a yanmar matches up to the alpha.... <br /><br />Thanks

QC

Supreme Mariner

I believe these specs (max torque input etc.) are available even on-line. You also need the specs for the Yanmar. They make a variety of engines and have mutiple power ratings.

tommays

Admiral

i dont think it will take a big diesel they just came out with a new bravo for diesel engines<br /><br />a phone call to merc would give the best answer<br /><br /><br />tommays