Repower story ( true)

BRIAN03

Petty Officer 1st Class
Customer comes into the shop and asks about repowering his 16 foot boat. It has a mercruiser 120 hp.. I talk him into a new complete 140 hp mercruiser. The boat shows up and the boats twenty years old but perfect. This boat is a perfect boat to repower with new steam. Install the new mercruiser and guage package. Water test the boat and prop it with the new engine. It runs great and looks great. The customer picks up the boat and told me he will take it to the lake this weekend. He comes to the shop monday morning and says the boat won't pull his son up on skies. I told him to drop off the boat and I would check it out. It shows up and I check the prop for maybe a bad hub I know the boat ran great. The hub check out ok. I then water tested the boat again. It ran perfect. He picked up the boat and took it back to the lake the next weekend. He came back again the following monday. I told him I would go to the lake where the boat was this sunday. I drove two hours to his lake. I showed up at his dock. The boat was tied up to the dock with his wife in the back seat. Mom called Jr. to come to the boat. They wanted to show me the problem when they TRIED to pull Jr. on the water skies. The problems were 1. Mom weigh in at 500lbs. 2. Jr weigh in at least 450lbs. 3. the boat is only 16 feet. 4. Dad weigh in a 100lbs wet. 5. How was jr. born. 6. That poor Mercruiser couldnt pull Jr. up on those skies ever. 7. How do you tell the father we need to shift some weigh about 500lbs from the stern of the boat. This a true story and I had all I could do to hold a straight face. I really though one of my friends was making this all up. I was looking for the camers. They were serious about pulling Jr. on skies. A 350TBI couldn't have pulled Jr. and mom together.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Repower story ( true)

---ahhhh---that thing got HEMI in it?????-----<br /><br />-----am thinking v-drive w/ 750 or so hp------<br /><br /> :D :D :D

Ralph 123

Captain

U'r 'bout to find out :D <br /><br />Man that's a great ad!<br /><br />Sweet!<br /><br />Pat - that pig thing is scary man!

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

---oink,-oink--, Hey Babe, Whats Your Sign????? :D

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

WELLLLLL.....thanks Brian!!!!!<br /><br />Now I got Budweiser to clean up!!!! The one I blew all over the Monitor from laughing!!!<br /><br />Thanks....I really needed a good laugh. :D :D

Ralph 123

Captain

That makes two of us! <br /><br />And there is NO truth that I find it scary because it looks like one of my ex-girl friends! :D

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

So Brian, What did you say to them?

gaugeguy

Captain

A couple quotes come to mind...<br /><br />"We're gonna need a bigger boat"<br /><br />"wooooo, wooooo, wooooo"<br /><br />"missionary impossible" :eek: <br /><br />That's a funny story Brian, can't wait to hear what you told them :D :D

tylerin

Commander

Brian, please help this poor fella. Mums and Jr. are probably gonna slap him around til you fix it. BTW, who made the PFD's?.....OMAR?

BRIAN03

Petty Officer 1st Class

I asked if we could run the boat with the father and myself in the boat. I wanted to see if it would turn the RPM,s. Then we tried to pull the son up on skies. Dad pulled Jr. around not ever getting up till Jr.s arms gave out. I asked to get to the dock. I went straight for my truck and never looked back. Turned the key and hit the highway.

ebbtide176

Commander

man, that is just sad.<br /><br />not because of you, but them... maybe someday oprah or somebody will make the term 'self-analyze' a common function... you know, take a hard look at yourself every morning, instead of someone else, be realistic :D <br /><br />killer story

denniz

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Bryan, I deal with that everyday. Whats a 130hp merc?

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Ha! woops now I've got to explain to the wifey why I'm laughing so hard. :D

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander

When you get the facts, it's not even hard to imagine the situation.<br /><br />Also tells why each and every prop/performance advice concerns boat weight as the actual ready-to-go weight.<br /><br />A 16' boat of some 10-1200 lbs. and maybe 120hp changes the power/weight ratio completely with a couple of 'biggies' onboard!