REPLY not working please help

I can only type and reply when using my phone if I used my computer I dont get the white box to type in I only see the gray background. I have internet explorer 8 and have checked the cookies settings and played with the firewall but still nothing, what am I doing wrong?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: REPLY not working please help

I suspect that using IE8 is the problem, Pete.

Someone more knowledgable than I will be along soon.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

I suspect that using IE8 is the problem, Pete.

Someone more knowledgable than I will be along soon.

I was hoping you wouldn't tell him it was an ID 10 T problem...:D

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Make sure your browser is allowing javascript to run, some of the various versions of IE, don't allow scripts to run unless you tell it to, also make sure you have an up to date version of javascript installed.

dolluper

Captain

At the bottom of the POSTS very bottom under post permissions what does yours say on the computer that doesn't let you reply .You may not be logged in and have remember me checked

Don S

If you can post new threads, you can post replies to threads. Unless you are trying to reply to a closed thread. But then there is no reply button. And, as mentioned, you have to be logged in, and if you take over 15 minutes to reply it will loose your reply into cyberspace.
When you log in, be sure to click the "Remember me" box then you can take as long as you want to type out a reply.

Here I am using my phone again, at the bottom it says I have permission to reply, and I ran a javascript test and it said everything is good and enabled, also turned off my firewall and it still doesnt work, I do used avg, could this be the problem? I am usually good with figuring things like this out. I dunno I feel dumb now.

Don S

What operating system are you running, what browser, do you keep up with the latest updates for programs and plugins?

Since this has never been a problem before, or at least never reported, it's going to take some info to figure out what the problem is.

here I am sitting at my computer (not my wifes phone) writing a reply, I installed firefox which i use on my laptops but did not have on this computer, and tada, it works, maybe its the combo of win XP 5.1, Java SE6 update 31 and IE8 together, or just something i'm not seeing configed right with IE.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

maybe its the combo of win XP 5.1, Java SE6 update 31 and IE8 together, or just something i'm not seeing configed right with IE.
There is a reason why IE 8 was only out for a couple of months before they released IE9. Load IE 9 and the problem will go away

dolluper

Captain

xp +++++ie8 no probs ....you need Windose 7 to load ie 9 right

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

yes you have to have windows 7 to use IE 9

i'm still in the stone age of win xp, ie8 and a cell phone that only calls people, no camera on it or nothin'

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

You can crawl out fine if you change your browser to Mozilla or Chrome