Replacing Risers

Hey guys,<br />I have a 1997 24' Sundancer 5.7L(2 barrel). I'm trying to replace the risers but unlike the pic in the attached link, my risers have studs not bolts. The studs won't allow me to remove the risers, they just hit the back of the floor when I slide them up the studs. Any suggestions on how these get removed? Also does anyone know the best price for new ones? Thanks in advance. <br /><br />
Show_Pictures3.asp

tommays

Admiral
Re: Replacing Risers

due to a nother well layed out engine bay you may have to pull the whole manifold and riser as one part to due the service<br /><br />just wondering what kind of condition the manifolds are in ?<br /><br />somebody may no a better way will have to see<br /><br /><br />tommays

QC

Supreme Mariner

Is there enough room to put two nuts on the studs and use the bottom of the two to get the studs to back out? You know, tighten the two nuts against eachother to allow you to use a wrench on the bottom nut alone to back the stud out.

Mahoney

Chief Petty Officer

What Quietcat said. I was stumped with this when trying to remove my exhaust manifold, the bolts are threaded on both sides, if you put 2 nuts on and use the bottom one to back the bolt out you should be good to go.

Thanks for the suggestion guys, I was hoping I wouldn't have to take of the manifolds. Now I just hope there is enough room for 2 bolts...

Mahoney

Chief Petty Officer

Maybe not the best suggestion, but if there is not room for 2 bolts, if you are able to raise the riser enough to get a vicegrips in to the smooth part of the bolt between the threads you can try twisting it off that way. Careful not to tear up the bolt too much, or plan on replacing it. I was able to do this pretty easily with my exhaust manifold bolt.