replacing prop hub assemblies

powderhombre

Seaman Apprentice
SO I bought this nice Michigan wheel prop on Ebay. except the seller described it wrong and instead of the 15 spline hub I needed, it came with a 19 spline hub. now the seller will refund my money, if I send it back, but I like the prop and can't seem to locate the one I need, so question is can I swap the hub in my old damaged prop with one in the prop I like. I don't know the manufacturer of the damaged prop, except the #391535, it also has an "M" inside of a circle stamped near the number(could be Michigan?) the rear of the hubs look exactly the same. if this is an option, myself and the seller would be happy. now if it can be done who could do it? arbor press? or is there an other way?

rs1lollie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: replacing prop hub assemblies

do the hubs look like a tapered square, and the spline slides into that? if so I would think it would work. try it and install it on your boat and spin the prop by hand and see if it hits or rubs on anything, if not it should be fine. last resort you could just buy the right hub kit for that prop and your boat.