Rendova 14 Questions

Mattleycrue76

Recruit
Hi,

I recently ran across a 14' Rendova RIB for sale on CL. The boat is a 1997 model and the motor is a 2003 Yamaha 50 HP 4 stroke. It has bench seating, a steering console with controls, depthsounder, trailer etc. The price was less then the value of the Motor alone, so I snapped it up. Now that I look at it I think I'd like to fix it up a bit to make it a good little boat to dive off of. The main issue is that the boat was used on a trailer that was rubbing where the fender wells touched the tube on the starboard side. The resulting hole was then patch in horrible fashion using what looks like some sort of inner tube patch. I can literally peel it of with my fingers. If I was able to replace the rub rail and patch that one spot the boat would both look and perform very well. Does anyone know where I can purchase a rub rail for this boat?

Also, I'm having trouble finding out much about Rendova boats. As best i can tell they were mainly higher end yacht tenders and could cost a pretty penny. Alos they appear to be out of business. Are they considered good boats? Any good info or sites that have info on them?

Sorry for the long winded post, thanks for reading!

BTW, the pictures were taken right after I got it. I've already gotten a different trailer that actually fits the boat.

RIB2.JPGRIB1.JPG

slance

Cadet
Re: Rendova 14 Questions

Rendova did go out of business. They were mostly sold to the yacht crowd as tenders.

Pretty sure that the molds were purchased by the Derlin brothers who own Apex infatables and that a pending lawsuit between them and another party is holding up any progress or launch of the product (or so the rumors go). Cannot say for sure, I am not in the soup.

You can buy rubrail (it does not have to be the identical) from a number of places. Defender, NRS, etc.

You can re-do the patches on the bottom. Just needs to be cleaned well before you do any re-gluing (and using the right materials will help, of course).

Good luck on your project and congrats!

S-

spence spencer

Recruit

You got the best RIB for a steal! I'm sure you've patched it already. If not find a Zodiac repair person to obtain the Hypalon patches and the 2 part glue you need to repair it. Clean the area with EMK or ?. I've had a Rendova and a Zodiac sold both of them and now looking for another Rendova.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Is that a single flat or two pice lipped portions glued side to each other rubstrake ? If market available rubstrakes doen't color match your current one, remove old rubstrake and glue all around a new high rubstrake of your color choice. If counting with lower lip, much better (lessens side tubes water spray issues)

Happy Boating

Wayne Carbone

Recruit

Hi,

I recently ran across a 14' Rendova RIB for sale on CL. The boat is a 1997 model and the motor is a 2003 Yamaha 50 HP 4 stroke. It has bench seating, a steering console with controls, depthsounder, trailer etc. The price was less then the value of the Motor alone, so I snapped it up. Now that I look at it I think I'd like to fix it up a bit to make it a good little boat to dive off of. The main issue is that the boat was used on a trailer that was rubbing where the fender wells touched the tube on the starboard side. The resulting hole was then patch in horrible fashion using what looks like some sort of inner tube patch. I can literally peel it of with my fingers. If I was able to replace the rub rail and patch that one spot the boat would both look and perform very well. Does anyone know where I can purchase a rub rail for this boat?

Also, I'm having trouble finding out much about Rendova boats. As best i can tell they were mainly higher end yacht tenders and could cost a pretty penny. Alos they appear to be out of business. Are they considered good boats? Any good info or sites that have info on them?

Sorry for the long winded post, thanks for reading!

BTW, the pictures were taken right after I got it. I've already gotten a different trailer that actually fits the boat.

View attachment 90596View attachment 90597

I have a 1999 Rendova. I just put a new tube on it, carefully removing the rub rail from the old one. You are more than welcome to have it if you want. You will have to spend some time removing the hypolon skin from it though.
And from what you are hearing, Rendova is not out of business. They are back in business in Ft.Lauderdale Florida.
I've personally met with Doug Armstrond a few weeks ago while down there.
I purchased the new tube from him.
Your trailer is wrong for your tender. All you need is a wave runner trailer. No rubbing of the tube then..

Last edited by a moderator: