Removing side panels on Bayliner 192

Does anyone have any knowledge on how to remove the side interior panels in a Bayliner. My model is an 08 Discovery 192. I can't see any nuts or bolts for removing the sides and need access to install some downriggers.

Any assistance or photos would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Daryl

howlnmad

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Removing side panels on Bayliner 192

If you are talking about the padded interior panels, they shoul be attached with SS screws and the heads should be hidden in the creases or tucks in the vinyl.

Bill

dockwrecker

Lieutenant

I thought they usually just fell off...

BAproject

Petty Officer 1st Class

nope they just disintegrate :), mine have

There are a bunch of stainless screws hidden in the "creases", you have to find them.....its that simple

ugadawg187

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ive always had alot of luck with a flat bar :D but then again i never have plans on reinstalling them. Yes they have SS screws in them or some have SS bolts so feel around behind them for the nut so you can get a wrench on it if it has bolts. My glastron had bolts but my maxum had screws so im sure yours being a bayliner it has screws.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Often, they are held in with clips that will of course break when you pull them off for the first time. Before you start prying look onthe back side to see if there any bolts sticking through though. My side panels on my Wellcraft are held in with both clips and bolts.

There is a Bayliner rep that hangs out on here. He may know or call Bayliner and ask them.

Bayliner Customer Service

Seaman Apprentice

We have a call into the plant and hope to have an answer for you Monday.

Bayliner Customer Service
360-435-8957 phone