removing old stickers

nhtrax

Seaman Apprentice
Anybody have a safe way of removing the reg numbers and stickers last night i tryed a heat gon and razor oohch I think i can cover up the scracthes with my new numbers maybe heat gun PLASTIC scraper then laquer thinner for the residue? :rolleyes

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Re: removing old stickers

That's what I've always heard is using a heat gun and razor. Try the plastic scraper. I've used a 3M adhesive remover that worked very well for the residue. I wish I could give you the exact name but I can't find it. The more I think about it, I bet a borrowed it out to a buddy who replaced his stickers awhile back.

flycaster

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Anybody have a safe way of removing the reg numbers and stickers last night i tryed a heat gon and razor oohch I think i can cover up the scracthes with my new numbers maybe heat gun PLASTIC scraper then laquer thinner for the residue? :rolleyes

peanut butter or WD40.
The peanut butter has a lot of oil in it and a slight abrasive. Remove as much of the decal as possible, Put a teaspoon full of peanut butter on and rub in circular motion. You should see the adhesive start to ball up. It will not readhere. Wash off with soap and water. WD40 will work the same way, only you can not put it on with a teaspoon. :D:D

nhtrax

Seaman Apprentice

Hey if the pb don't work maybe the fish will like it haha

OldePharte

Chief Petty Officer

I used a single edged razor blade and then WD40. Just hold the razor blade darn near parallel with the surface.

boatmor

Seaman Apprentice

When using the heat gun don't get it too hot as that tends to cook it on. Gasoline-paint thinner-acetone (careful as it will remove things you might not want removed), Desolve It, Goo Gone, lots of things will work.

jackd1023

Petty Officer 1st Class

Okay maybe too late, and dont laugh, I had some real stubborn stickers on my toon. I made a bunch of calls and ther verdict was EASY OFF OVEN CLEANER. Does not effect the paint just comes off. It was reccomended to wax it afterwards though, Good luck.