Removing my Sport Jet 90 from my Sear Ray Jet Boat

HoosierBoy

Recruit
Question, when removing the Sport Jet 90 engine from my '94 Sea Ray Jet boat, is the connection between the engine and the lower/external pump unit a spline drive? Meaning are there any connections that have to be taken apart or loosened on the underside of the boat or can I simply lift the engine straight up (the Sport Jet engine is a "vertical" engine much like an outboard motor, minus the lower unit of course)and out of the engine compartment. Thanks for your help. HoosierBoy

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Removing my Sport Jet 90 from my Sear Ray Jet Boat

Moving to I/O

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I have never pulled my engine, but my friend has, and he says it came right out nothing to disconnect. He lifts it with his arms.<br /><br />Ken

Capt Ken

Commander

He won't be doing that many more years if he keeps it up. But he's right. Just unbolt and lift straight up. I use to pull Velvet Drives with reductions and duck walk thru the bilge before carrying then off the boat and down the dock. Them was the good ole days before it took a toll on the back.

HoosierBoy

Recruit

Captain Ken....Thanks for the info. I tried to go to your home page but kept getting errors that page no longer existed =( Thanks a ton got some other Q's for you if I can get to your home page to ask directly rather than tying up these line on the BB.....Memorial Day is just around the corner and that's the magic date for the "green flag" to begin boating Season here in Northern Michigan!!!!! YAHOOOOO!!! Thanks again and to all with their info......HoosierBoy

HoosierBoy

Recruit

Thanks Trent, I'll drop him an e-mail.....HoosierBoy