removing drain plug/water help...

Tinlizzy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well I put the boat in the water today for about 30 minutes. After I got back home with the boat on the trailer I remember to pull the drain plug, when I pulled it, a few cups of water came out. Is that a normal amount of water to be draining out of there?

It has been through a pretty heavy rain storm a few days ago, but I put the bilge on the day after and nothing came out. The drain plug hole does lead to the bilge compartment correct?

RWilson2526

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: removing drain plug/water help...

Its my experience that the bilge pump cant get every last drop of water out. Especially if your boat is fairly level that 1/4" or so of water that the pump cant get can amount to a fair amount of water. I would think it reasonable that pulling the plug would let out an additional amount of water that the pump could not get.

ziggy

Admiral

if it sat out in the rain. unless ya got it tilted back pretty far. ya most likely aint gonna get all the water out w/ the bilge pump. rain can fill up a boat fast too. i useally pull the plug on the ramp. got a pretty good tilt to it at that point. then i can see what i got. i usually get a cup or two too. where it comes from? i dunno. my swimsuit and life jacket after a swim? maybe......point is, tilt it back as good as ya can to get the water out of it..........and yep, the drain plug hole leads to the bilge. it's the lowest point.....hopefully.......

Tinlizzy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks so much for the replies guys :)

...Now I can sleep at night :D