Removable / swing tongue

binduni

Cadet
I have an EZ Loader trailer with my 2002 Rinker Captiva 212 on it, but of course it doesn't fit in the garage. When I asked the EZ Loader rep about adding a removable or swing tongue to this trailer, they say the 4800# is too much weight to do this - but I know there are trailers out there with this feature and same size/weight boat! Would love to hear suggestions, especially from dealers / manufacturers.<br /><br />Oh yeah, and try to get a local dealer to sell you a new trailer! What gives? :confused:

D

DJ

Re: Removable / swing tongue

That is a job for a custom welding shop. The tricky part will be lenghthening the brake line for the surge brakes.

dkhntr

Seaman

Coulnt you have the "break away" style brakes? Just lenghten the cable. Or does that vary state to state.

D

DJ

dkhntr,<br /><br />The surge coupler would be ahead of the break away part of the tongue. Thus, brake line work is needed.

binduni

Cadet

So from what I'm reading, it sounds like it is possible to have a removable or swing with this size and weight boat. EZ Loader says they won't do it, even if I buy new.<br /><br />I'm not excited about customizing my existing trailer and think I'd rather sell this one outright and buy a new one. Any suggestions on who I should turn to, manufacturer and local (Portland) dealer?