Remote, Trolling Motor ~ Cuddy Cabin

deadstick

Seaman
Hello fellow boaters. i need info on putting a trolling motor on the bow of my 2000 four winns cuddy cabin. Has any one attempted this? do they make trolling motors this long?
also, would you suggest 12/24/36 and why?

deadstick

Seaman
Re: Remote, Trolling Motor ~ Cuddy Cabin

pics of boat, any ideas?

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 0
  • lk;jlk;j.jpg
    lk;jlk;j.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 0

This_lil_fishy

Master Chief Petty Officer

No idea if they make anything that long, doubt it. I've been contemplating mounting a remote trolling to my swim platform...just haven't worked up the nerve to actually do it yet. Probably a 24 at least...it's gotta move a lot of weight around.

Ian

S&F180SEI

Recruit

Have a minn kota copilot remote control on my Larson 180 sky and fish. Bow sits pretty high out of the water not sure if it is as much of a cuddy cabin but here are some pics, its a 24 volt 65# thrust and it moves the boat around no problem.

Attachments

• trolling motor.jpg
    trolling motor.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 0

dry dock

Seaman Apprentice

they make a trolling motor that attaches to your drive that would be the best option.

deadstick

Seaman

drydock, i have looked at those and really like that idea but, you have to be in the driver seat to steer. i fish off the back, which makes it tough being in two places. they make a remote steer with a 60" shaft. i will be measuring my boat tommorrow, to see if it will work. deadstick

Attachments

• vertical fish.jpg
    vertical fish.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 0

tufnoogies

Recruit

I had a larson 274 with a stainless drop mount that would retract up out of the way, I basicly had a guy fabricate a mount from stainless like 2 upsidedown letter "L"'s with a hinge on the swim deck... worked great had a wireless troll buddy to steer top speed was 7mph with a tohautsu 4stroke 6hp its fairly easy . i used a long shaft , doesnt get into the clean water but being 3 feet back from hull it seems to work fine.. its quiet and being 4 stoke I ran it off the main tank..hope this helps... I only made 4 1/2 inch holes thru deck into engine bay and under the deck I used heavy angle iron to re-enforce the mounts and to stop any flex on the deck from the strain. I sold the boat with the mount and Im currently designing a retractable one to clear the swim platform completely and turn sideways when not in use..

Attachments

• DSCN3802.jpg
    DSCN3802.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 0
  • marks boat 005.jpg
    marks boat 005.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

814sparky00

Recruit

I have a 230 baha crusier and recently added a 101 lb. minnkota engine mount trolling motor. i also set up a 36 volt battery system to power the
drive. It lasted less than 2 hrs. I troll for walleye and top speed was 2.5 mph.
my boat weighs 4200lbs empty so loaded more than 5000lbs. This setup
on my boat was a failure. i would like to setup a trolling motor like the 6 hp
tohatsu. I would not recommend the engine mount motors on cabin crusiers.