Remote Control Question

heid919

Cadet
I have a 1989 Javelin Bass Boat, 18 foot. The engine controls are nothing like what is diagrammed by several sources including evinrude data. The shift lever is mounted on the side of the boat and there is a separate key panel for the start/stop/choke functions along with the deadman switch. The control box which the shift handle is attached to is sandwiched between the inner and outer hulls and there is no apparent way to get in there to do any service work. Now, the 64 dollar question.........how the heck do you get in there to work on the unit? There are wires, cables and who knows what else in there. All this came about when I was going to test my warning buzzer as described by the service manual that I have. It says to insert a piece of metal in a slot on the control box and the buzzer will activate. Problem is I can't get at the damn thing. HELP!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Remote Control Question

wrong direction for you control. you have to remove the
WHAT MOTOR????? WHAT YEAR?????
center button on the handle, should be a bolt in there. OR, move the handle all the way forward or reverse, should be a slot opposite handle, allen screw in there. that is just to get the handle off.

the rest of it ain't no fun either.

disconnect the sizzor connection at the heat sensor, ground wire to block, horn should sound, key has to be on.

heid919

Cadet
Re: Remote Control Question

OOPS! 1988 e150 xp motor. I guess what you are telling me is that I have a potential nightmare ahead of me?