Remote control help

bluebackfisher

Seaman Apprentice
Hello everyone,
I have a 1992 Force 150hp that needs a replacement for the US Marine remote control. Does anyone know what my options are to replace this remote control? Any help would be appreciated!

The Force power

Commander
Hello everyone,
I have a 1992 Force 150hp that needs a replacement for the US Marine remote control. Does anyone know what my options are to replace this remote control? Any help would be appreciated!
I belief..."92 started already with a Mercury control is it not? can you send a pic.?

bluebackfisher

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks for your replies, and sorry it took so long to get back, but I finally got some free time to work on the control. It has a US Marine logo on the handle. I took the whole handle and control apart and found a pinched wire that was keeping the motor from being tilted down after being tilted up. After soldering the wire together and sealing with liquid electrical tape it works perfect now! I guess I will keep using the remote control a while longer!!

kbh121956

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks for your replies, and sorry it took so long to get back, but I finally got some free time to work on the control. It has a US Marine logo on the handle. I took the whole handle and control apart and found a pinched wire that was keeping the motor from being tilted down after being tilted up. After soldering the wire together and sealing with liquid electrical tape it works perfect now! I guess I will keep using the remote control a while longer!!
Glad that you have it fixed. Any US Marine or Chrysler control will work on that year unless you are using the Mercury thunderbolt ignition.

topgun3690

Ensign
" I guess I will keep using the remote control a while longer!!" Just replaced my control cables and tore the control box down......cleaned it up and lubed it. The parts in it looked like new after 44 years....hardly any wear at all. You should be good to go. (y)