Remember these guys??

gaugeguy

Captain
We have a guy here at the office that pulls the shades every time the sun comes out. I called him one of these and he didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about. Do you remember what they were called??<br /><br />
slatch.jpg

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Remember these guys??

I'm thinking of those creatures in 'The Time Machine' but IT doesn't look like one of those.

NathanY

Commander

Is that what Tylerin turns into when the sun goes down?

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by Nate in AR:<br /> Is that what Tylerin turns into when the sun goes down?
I was thinking what one of Carpy's gerbils look like when they come out for air :D

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Sleestaks from the TV show, "Land of the Lost"!<br /><br />They scared me as a kid.<br />This is why they were scary Sleestak sound

achris

More fish than mountain goat

I'm thinking of those creatures in 'The Time Machine' but IT doesn't look like one of those.
Morlock

gaugeguy

Captain

That's them JC. I had the biggest crush on Holly as a kid ;)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

LOL I thought I had lost my mind. I really never saw or heard of the show. I looked at the episode guide and realized I was in Germany during the time it was on TV. I was on my way to becoming a butt kicking NCO and never had time for TV anyway.<br /><br />Bob

D

DJ

As far as "office" goes.<br /><br />I'm tired of women wearing slinky (read-not much) clothes and asking us gents to turn the heat up.<br /><br />We're wearing full suits and are required to sweat, while the women are "comfortable". 75+degrees. <br /><br />Ladies-save the "come get me clothes" for the bar-OK.<br /><br />As far as I'm concerned, the women can bring a "cover-up" or sweater. I can't "peel down",- they can.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> As far as "office" goes.<br /><br />I'm tired of women wearing slinky (read-not much) clothes and asking us gents to turn the heat up.<br /><br />We're wearing full suits and are required to sweat, while the women are "comfortable". 75+degrees. <br /><br />Ladies-save the "come get me clothes" for the bar-OK.<br /><br />As far as I'm concerned, the women can bring a "cover-up" or sweater. I can't "peel down",- they can.
I'm sorry, but I'm confused. :confused: I don't get how your comments apply to this topic.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

James, me thinks DJ was talking in general about things people do in or at the office.<br />"We have a guy here at the office that pulls the shades everytime the sun comes out"

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Marshal, Will , and Holley, on the greatest expedition.....<br /><br />Chaca no like....<br /><br />Ken

brother chris

Commander

I remember that show...that was a great show. But those sleestaks scared us too.