Remember the year 2009

dwco5051

Commander
All the people knocking 2020 as a bad year forgot about 2009. That was the year they changed normal gas can spouts to those stupid locking things that don't work, require three hands to use, and make you spill gas everywhere. - The decline of Western Civilization can be traced to the year 2009

dwco5051

Commander
Here is my fuel can for my chain saws. I buy alcohol free 90 in an old 5 gallon can I have had for years. The detergent bottle is a gallon and a third so I just measure a gallon of fuel into along with oil and shake. It has a nice pour spout and fits in the chest along with bar oil and other supplies. I don't use enough saw gas any more to justify mixing 5 gallons at a time. If I decide to go fishing I have no alcohol fuel in the big container to use in my little tinny.

Attachments

• DSC04942.JPG
    DSC04942.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 0

racerone

Supreme Mariner
The decline goes back much , much further than 2009.------Do you remember when folks actually " worked " and produced something you could look at , handle , carry and perhaps fondle ?----Many folks at the EPA have to come up with something so they can file a report on what they dreamed up.----Not saying that the concept of environmental protection is bad.-----In fact there is not nearly enough being done.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Not saying that the concept of environmental protection is bad.-----In fact there is not nearly enough being done.
Be careful of what you wish for....lol

Ran a machine/fab shop with 30 employees at one point. Made everything in house from late 70's into the early 90's.

In the 90's things changed. All of a sudden you needed a Federal, State or local permit of some sort to own or operate anything as a commercial entity. Use permits, disposal and inspection fees became all the rage.

Gotten a quote to anodize or plate anything in the past 10 years? Used to pay pennies on the pound for plating services. Today, good luck finding anyone to do it. We pay more to plate a single article that we did an entire "batch" years past.

Needless to say the cost of the "new" regulations put a lot of large and small manufacturing companies out of business. Not that they didn't want to comply, they couldn't afford to comply. Big reason so many of the "dirty" industries where pushed overseas.......NIMBY.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I did some plating ( small scale ) at one time.------The EPA groups all around the world will pick on a factory / shop for some reason.----Yet in North America they allow an estimated ---20 million tons -----of salt to be put on winter roads.---Much of that ends up it the rivers and lakes where you fish.--I do not live far away from one of the largest salt mines in the world.