Remember the puppy (Sensitive Subject)

mercrewser

Petty Officer 1st Class
Unfortunatly, my wife reminded me of a horrible thing today. For the people who think we souldn't be in Iraq, remind them of the video of Saddam gassin that lab puppy to death. What a horrible thing to have to see. I'm sorry to stir up bad memories for people, but lets remember who we were up against. If no WMD, what then killed that innocent puppy?

NathanY

Commander
Re: Remember the puppy (Sensitive Subject)

He is gone from Iraq, and we should be too.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Nathan in Arkansas:<br />He is gone from Iraq, and we should be too.
Oh boy!!!!<br />Here we go. :D

LadyFish

Admiral

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"<br /><br />John Stewart Mill

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Right on Ladyfish......great quote.

Skinnywater

Commander

It didn't bother me to go to war in Iraq to rid the world of Saddams WMD's. <br />However, it was the deciding factor for me.<br />It moderately bothers me that we've not found them when the administration promised they were there.<br />Yet I believe Saddam didn't destroy them.<br />What bothers me greatly is the lost credibility and miscalculations will greatly reduce any future attempts to find or remove those very same WMD's.<br />If future suspicions reveal those same WMD's are in Iran, Syria or anywhere else, our hands will effectively be tied.<br />This would include any future suspicions of possible genuine threats to our national interests.<br />At this point war was made in Iraq to remove a regime. And new effects to us from the cause. And removal of future WMD's from other possible threats is now more difficult.

18rabbit

Captain

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things.
I agree. Just the other day I was channel surfing and an image of Barbara Walters popped up…the dog yelped, I screamed, we both ran out of the room …