Reliable place to purchase Johnson Water pump kits?

blackwaterstout

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My '79 Seahorse needs a new impellor/water pump kit. I ordered one from ishopmarine.com and it's been a nightmare. Several people referred me to that sight and it looks quite nice, but the service is terrible. I ordered the kit 13 days ago and still have not received a confirmation concerning shipping. I called them after 1 week and asked about it only to have some foreign lady tell me it was going to ship that day and I would receive an email confirmation. Well it's a week later and I still haven't received anything. I called back today and guess what? Same lady and still as dumb as ever. She's supposed to call me back but I'm not holding my breath. <br /><br />Anyway, I'd rather give my business to someone who can get the job done and get me the parts I need. Can anyone recommend another online source for marine parts? Thanks.

alden135

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Reliable place to purchase Johnson Water pump kits?

um...iboats?

blackwaterstout

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Shoot :) Didn't realize you actually sold marine parts. I thought you only sold manuals and such. I'll have a closer look around.

blackwaterstout

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Maybe it's me, but I can not find anywhere on this site to purchase a water pump kit for my motor. Could someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks.

blackwaterstout

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Never mind :) I found them. Just took a while longer than I expected.

blackwaterstout

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I picked up the Sierra kit here at Iboats. Any huge difference between the sierra kit and the OMC kit? Saved $2 over ishopmarine.<br /><br />Just to finish my story I called them back this afternoon after no hearing from them and the foreign lady infromed me that the item was out of stock. I asked here how come she didn't call me back and tell me that. I also asked her why they didn't inform me of that in the first place. She had no answer. I asked if I could buy the sierra and she said it was backordered too. I asked to speak to her manager and she told me to call back tomorrow which I intend to do. They lied to me twice over the phone so I told her to cancel my order immediately. <br /><br />A very bad experience overall. Never again will I order from ishopmarine. Hopefully now I can get my parts from here soon and get this motor running again.

tr918

Petty Officer 2nd Class

this site has them, as you have already found out. Also if you need it in a hurry, any local Johnson/Evinrude marine engine dealer should have it.

blackwaterstout

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Unfortunately there are no quality dealers in my area. I live near a recreational lake with 4 marinas, but none of them sell parts. There is one OMC repair marina about 25 miles up the road that could order the part for me but it would've cost $63.50. iboats price was $27. At that price I'll take my chances ordering it online.

McGR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

BWS - I've used several Sierra water pumps on my motors. I've never had a problem with them. They seem OK to me. Some guys swear OEM only, personally I've never had a problem using reputable aftermarket brands.

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral

What engine do you have? A $27 water pump does not sound right. What parts are you getting for that kind of money? An impellor is not a water pump! just part of one.

blackwaterstout

Petty Officer 2nd Class