Rehnquist Dead - Breaking New

Ralph 123

Captain
The Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court just passed away after suffering from thyroid cancer. He was appointed to the court by President Nixon in 1972. At the time he was the Loan conservative on the Bench. 14 Years later he was elevated to Chief Justice by President Reagen. Even his most ardent political critics agree he was well liked as a person.<br /><br />May God rest his soul.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re: Rehnquist Dead - Breaking New

He was one of the finest. His consistant leadership and wisdom guided my views.

Ralph 123

Captain

The Disgraceful, despicable, Alan Dirshowitz was just on Fox calling Rehnquist all sorts of names like anti-Semite, racists and Republican thug on the night of his death.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

wow<br /> I missed that name calling. if it infact happened thats despicable and reprehinsible. while I did not agree with every view the man had nor every decision for the most part he had the US best intrests and as far as I could tell was always a fair and honest judge. <br />thats about the best you can have when ya go.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

It should be a free for all for Roberts now. Again the call for balance (whatever that is) and racial, sexual makeup of the judiciary by some of the separatists in the democratic left wing. The man hasn't yet been buried and the sicophants are out.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

its a shame isnt it. some folks both right and left will never be happy until the world fits their view. from what I read of Roberts he seems more than capeable of the job. but its a job you could not give me even with the lush salery and retirement package. extremism is not just with muamar saladbar or robertson types. its has pockets on all sides. what we hope for is a middle ground that can make all able to live, work, play and raise kids in safety . but seems all religons, races, creeds and colors have a segment that just cannot and will not be satisfied. sad but true. that and it will give ole steady teddy some TV time on the senate floor. what more could we ask for :) .

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

The position calls for a highly educated person who has an indepth understanding of the laws. That is it. I think the whole concept of government and juricprudentance is over-rated. I am weary of the BS that the left primarily, (Ginsburg answered almost no questions but passed almost unanimously), spews to forward the agenda they can't at the ballot box. The laws are in place to answer most conceivable situations. The judiciary was to be non-political but who is it that forces politics into a non-political arena.<br /><br />The chief justice was for years the lone conservative voice on the supreme court. He did so not to sell books or appear on talk shows, but because it was his interpretation of the laws as they were written. He was demonized for his dissent on Roe v Wade. I think he would shed a tear when he views the process to replace his steady and balance guidance of the highest court.<br /><br />Is it a good thing that there are some out there digging into nominee's wives, children, sexual preferences, to mold a court into their view of political utopia? The election gives a sitting president the power to nominate. Advise and consent doesn't cover the reputational rape of each person the republicans have put forth in the past 20 years. Bork, Thomas, Gonzales (similiar), even lower court nominee's. <br /><br />There are those who relish the circus that has been created when vacancies occur. And they are almost all on the left. I wonder if Biden will come to the rescue of Roberts in the next month the same way he did for Ginsburg? I pray for civility in the process but wouldn't hold my breath for a second based on the level of political discourse now considered acceptable in the Senate.<br /><br />He felt that the power belonged to the states, not the federal government, and I think he was absolutely correct.