Regarding aspeck

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Little story here. I always wondered why he had two address'es. I then discovered he was on an aid/mission type of work. OK, I gotta bite the bullet, I didn't care for it all that much. I can't see going somewhere else when there are people right here at home that need the help. I never said anything about it but I thought it. I want to apologize Aspeck. You are a good man. Moneywise I can't help. Prayers and thoughts I can. Keep us posted on what your needs are and I'll keep talking to the Man. It ain't too often but I have tears in my eyes. Reading about the conditions hurts. I am so thankful that I am not there. I really wish you didn't have to be either. For whatever its worth-You managed to get this ol redneck to look beyond the cars in the yard, and I can now see the neighbors need help. Thanks, Kenneth

aspeck

Staff member
Re: Regarding aspeck

Kenneth, I know, and understand your feelings, I have been there. That is why, when I am home, I do the best I can to meet the needs there also - we have a food bank, a clothing give away program, I am active in the volunteer Fire Department & EMS, etc. There are needs at home, and they also need addressed. But, when you come to a place like this (and there are others that are even worse) and you see the needs, ours in the back yard certainly don't seem as drastic.<br /><br />The purpose of the post mentioned was not to ask for financial help, because my Father owns the cattle on a thousand hills, and if I am doing what He wants me to do, He will work on the hearts that can give. Prayers are much more valuable than any currency, or supplies, that can be donated.<br /><br />So, Kenneth, thank-you for your prayers and support, and from time to time I will add another "story" from Ghana to Dockside Chat.

ebbtide176

Commander

yes, thanx for doing what you do aspeck. i cutup & joke around sometimes, but i'm serious when i pray for people :) my hats off to you too

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Everyone needs to travel to a third world country to realize our "hardships" are nothing compared to theirs.<br /><br />It will make you appreciate home even more.<br /><br />Good luck Aspect.<br /><br />BTW, what is your aid work there?<br /><br />Ken

KaGee

Admiral

Thank you Aspeck for serving.<br /><br />My wife and I serve on the Missions board at our church. We know exactly what you are going through!<br /><br /><br />Matt 19:29<br />"And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life.<br />(NKJ)

spratt

Lieutenant

In reality, adn not to take ANYTHING at all away from Art, we all are commanded to be "missionaries" once we are servants to the most high God...the apostle's were our examples in carrying the gospel to the world, and he told us that the only thing we are guaranteed are food and raiment, nothing else. The rest is all just a bonus, though too many think that all the bonus is teh blessing of God. And it is...to a degree...God said that if we put Him first, all the rest would be added, but if we seek all the rest first, then we really don't even have Him...<br /><br />Thanks Art, and I believe we all know that you were not seeking finances, but if anyone can help, then it behooves us all to do SOMETHING...even putting a dollar in the offering plate at church (or a hundred) is helping. We may not all be able to go assist in a far of place that is poor beyond belief (at least to our way of thinking), but every time we give support to one who HAS gone out, we share in the victory of every soul won to God...<br /><br />(Paraphrased) "And one will ask, "Lord, when did I give you to drink, or to eat?" And the Lord replies, "When you did it for one of these, my own, you did it for me".

aspeck

Staff member

Ken, Officially we have a school for Biblical and Vocational Training. Neither side of the school is what we want it to be, yet, it sure takes time to get something established. Basically on the vocational side we are teaching how to handle finances, teaching the basics of computer, accounting, etc. Most everyone is self employed, so they need to learn inventories, etc.<br /><br />Unofficially, we have sponsored several medical and eye clinics. There are so many people with cataracts, it is hard to believe. And many need glasses, but cannot afford them. Same with the medical end, and dispensing medicines, examination tables, medical equipment, etc., to the local clinics. In our village there are 2 medical clinics, but there are no doctors, and only one PA. We also were able to procure an ambulance for the village, and when we gave them the keys we stipulated it was only for taking the sick to hospital, not the dead to the cemetary (which is what most ambulances are used for here).<br /><br />What Flatbottoms said is so true, and there are others on this board who have done just as great of things. There is OBJ, volunteer fireman, Ladyfish and her Sight organization, Spinner, doing the Santa thing at Christmas, KaGee serving on a missions board, KB, DD, Trigger, and our other law enforcement people who are out there risking their lives to protect and serve, etc. All are equally important and I am sure God appreciates the love and care you share with your fellow man.<br /><br />So, to all of you who in some way help someone else, I say a big thank-you to you also.

spratt

Lieutenant

Art, how true your observations are!!! I know that when we see someone who has given of themselves to go do what we cannot or are not willing to do, such as yourself going to a distant shore to help fols, we are overcome with gratitude, and perhaps even some shame and guilt. BUt if we just look around us, there are folks right down teh street who have no home, no job, or no food, and they can be helped also. We all have teh duty to help a fellow human, regardless of who they might be. The bible says to pray for our enemy, and that vengeance is His. <br /><br />I also want to thank every one here who does something for their community, who stans for the right, who lends a helping hand to the needy, or who just gives a ride to the Doctor to a friend who cannot see to drive...maybe you fixed the neighbor's car or boat when they did not know how...all these are giving of your selves!!! Of course, it all sounds more dramatic when we fly off to foreign soil and give, for we can give so much to those who have so little!!!! It doesn't seem like a lot when we drop a dollar in the red kettles, or send a $10 check to a fund for needy, such as a policeman who gave his life to protect others, or a soldier killed in duty and left a young family behind...yet, your reward will be great!!! This is what the Bible refers to when it says to not let the left hand know what the right hand does, simply meaning, make no advertisements or big deal about it, just do it!!! God has promised that our rewards will return to us, pressed down and shaken together, our cup overflowing!!!<br /><br />Thank you, as Aspeck said, Law Enforcement, for protecting my family at night...thanks Fire Fighters for protecting my family...thank you Doctors, for teh healing helps you provide...to all who have a place in giving, thank you!!! Mostly, I thank God for His hand on my family!!! I always prayed He would keep a protective hedge around my kids when they were out doing foolish things...and He answered that!!!