Regal Valanti 200, good deal?? Weight of boat w/trailer??

VirginiaTechVR4

Recruit
I'm def. a newbie when it comes to boats, but really want to get into it. A friend at work has a 1991 Regal Valanti 200. It has 480 hours on the engine and has seen regular maintenance. He suggested I could buy 50% of the boat from him and I think its a good idea financially, as I want to get into boats, but don't have a lot of money to spend. This sounds like a good boat, a little older and some hours on it, but sounds like its perfect as a learner boat...

Any thoughts on the hours/age of the boat?? I know its tricky to co-own a boat, but this guy is a little older (~50) and im 26 (he is prob more worried about me using it than me about having a co-owner).

Also, how much does one of these boats weigh?? I can't find anything online on this. Weight of the boat and weight of the boat with a standard trailer anyone??

Thanks,

Tony

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Regal Valanti 200, good deal?? Weight of boat w/trailer??

Only way to know the real weight is to have it weighed, published figures are not very accurate.

My boat's published weight is 4300 lbs. My trailer weighs 1300 lbs. I figured I might have 1000 lbs of gas, water, gear etc. so I expected it to weigh 6600 lbs fully loaded, on the trailer. I had it weighed and it weighs 7400 lbs!

Truck stops often have scales.