REF 62_Kiwi post.. Who has never left home?

Link

Rear Admiral
I just posted in 62_Kiwi thread <br /> http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=009151 <br />How many countries have you been to.<br />It got me to thinking about a fishing trip 10 years ago.<br />We went as we always do in June to my home town Cougar WA. 2 stores and a gas station.. 75 people and now the gas station is no longer there. <br />Anyway one night I ran into my best friends sister and over a couple of beers she told us that she at the age of 42 (back then) had never got out of Cougar! Born there, raised there, married there, raised her two kids there, divorced there. And still lived there. ACK!!!<br />Dont get me wrong, its a wonderfull place to live and Mrs.Link and I may retire there.<br />But to never have lived anywhere else?<br />Anyone else here on iboats BTDT or knows people who have ?? <br />BTW She did finially get out of there in 1996. Moved a whopping 37 miles to Boomyals back yard in Vancouver WA!<br />I know when I lived in SC, NC and GA I met several people who had never left their home towns. <br />Just wondering.. btw that little town is still very much the same.. car keys are left in cars where they are supposed to be and house doors if they have them arn't locked.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: REF 62_Kiwi post.. Who has never left home?

Born in Ashland, got married and built my home in Catlettsburg, about 6 miles from Ashland, in 1972 and have been here ever since.<br /><br />My 3 girls all live within 10 miles of us and mom is about 15 or 20 miles from me.<br /><br />So you could say, born, raised and stayed here in the one place.

D

DJ

Yes, I know people that fit that category.<br /><br />About 25% of my high school graduating class never left that small town and never will. They just keep changing partners. :rolleyes:

ehenry

Commander

I posted to Kiwis thread about a trip I'd made as a 20 year old. It was a trip of a lifetime I'll never forget it but theres things in this country I've never seen that I'd dearly lover to see. I've never lived anywhere other than Canton, MS. I was born there, married there and will more than likely die there too.<br /><br />I've never been to DC, never seen the Grand Canyon, Yosemite National Park, Mt. Rushmore just to name a very few. Saw the Statue of Liberty from the plane when I came back from my overseas trip but thats it.<br /><br />I hope to see this great country before my time is up.

eeboater

Commander

Born in Phoenixville, PA. Dad managed disaster at 3 Mile island<br /><br />- Moved 3times within Phoenixville.<br />- Moved to Industry, PA<br />- Moved to Crafton, PA<br />- Moved to other side of town in Crafton, PA<br />- Moved to Ashwaubenon, WI<br />- Moved to other side of town Ashwaubenon, PA<br />- Finally moved into a HOUSE Ashwaubenon, PA<br />- Moved to Lorain, OH<br />- Moved to Amherst, OH<br />- Moved back to Ashwaubenon, WI<br />- Moved to Milwaukee, WI<br />- Moved to Greenfield, WI<br />- Moved to a different apartment in Greenfield<br />- Moved to Pewaukee, WI<br />- Moved to Sussex, WI.<br /><br />And there I live.

ndemge

Commander

I live next door to where I grew up<br /><br />lived on the other side of town for a couple years <br /><br />never plan on moving out of the area. Like to travel, like to VISIT other places, but this is home. <br /><br />of my 4 borthers, 3 of them live within 1/4 mile, all share the same shed and tractor

Link

Rear Admiral

Way cool guys<br />My brother only moved once with our parents to Newport Or, then right back to Cougar WA again where he still lives.<br />Guess I kinda broke the mold. Left home when 15 and lived in OR, CA, WA and turned 18 living in BC<br />But I'm a homebody now.. enjoy traveling (the USA) and like efherny said there is a lot of places Id like to see here at home. We have some friends who retired (military) in Minn and they keep inviting us out to do some ice fishing.<br />Burrr but it might be fun! :)

SoulWinner

Commander

I was born in Fort Walton Florida, moved to Milton when I two years old, and been here ever since. I joined the army in 1989 and lived in Kansasuntil '91 and came back home. Milton is getting too big for me so we are looking to move into the sticks.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> Born in Phoenixville, PA. Dad managed disaster at 3 Mile island<br /><br />- Moved to other side of town Ashwaubenon, PA<br />- Finally moved into a HOUSE Ashwaubenon, PA<br /><br /><br />- Moved back to Ashwaubenon, WI<br /><br />
Ok, EE<br />Dad managed disaster at 3-Mile Island?<br />Do you mean he managed the recovery or the start?<br />j/k :D <br /><br />Did you move back to Ashwaubenon, PA, or Ashwaubenon, WI??<br /> :D :D <br /><br />AK Chappy

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

It would depend on what you consider "leaving home"<br />My 3 sisters, and all my cousins still live in OH. They live within 50 miles of Mom and Dad. My parents live within 150 miles of their parents (or where their parents lived).<br />My wife and I, on the other hand, have not lived within 1,800 miles of home since graduating High School. We fully plan on retiring from the USAF and living here in AK, 3,000 miles from home.<br /><br />Sometimes distance can be a good thing.<br />You don't have to be crazy to join our family, but it sure would help!<br /><br />AK Chappy

eeboater

Commander

Hmm.. AK -- If I didn't know it, I'd swear the radiation I got from 3 mile island was rubbing off in that post!!!<br /><br />He managed the recovery.. hehe.<br /><br />And, Ashwaubenon, WI. For the love of pete, if there were more than one Ashwaubenong... ugh.<br /><br />Sean<br /><br />P.s. --- less than 2 months til I'm in AK!!!

FSHKPR

Ensign

hey eeboater whats wrong with ashwaubenon? i have lived in california in a couple different cities. lived in a cou8ple differnt neighborhoods of green bay and depere, still like ashwaubenon the best. grew up here and now own a house about 2 blocks up the road. once i retire i will live somewhere warm in the winter and in townsend wisconsin in the summer.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

I know EE.<br /><br />I got just over 2 months until I am forced to leave AK!!<br /><br />I will be like Arnold tho........<br /><br />"I'll be back"<br /><br />AK Chappy