Reduce Gas Prices

txswinner

Banned
Worth a try.<br /><br />>>>> > >> Make no mistake about it, we are at war and all of us are on <br />>>>> > >> the front line. I think this will work, so let's all do our <br />>>>> > >> part to strike back...<br />>>>> > >><br />>>>> > >><br />>>>> > >> I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the end <br />>>>> > >> of summer.<br />>>>> > >><br />>>>> > >> Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some <br />>>>> > >> intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth, offered this <br />>>>> > >> good idea: This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas <br />>>>> > >> on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or <br />>>>> > >> May!<br />>>>> > >><br />>>>> > >> The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we <br />>>>> > >> wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. <br />>>>> > >> It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem <br />>>>> > >> for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea has come up with a <br />>>>> > >> plan that can really work.<br />>>>> > >><br />>>>> > >> Please read it and join with us!<br />>>>> > >><br />>>>> > >> By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 <br />>>>> > >> is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.75 for regular <br />>>>> > >> unleaded in my town.<br />>>>> > >><br />>>>> > >> Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have <br />>>>> > >> conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is <br />>>>> > >> CHEAP at $1.50-$1.75, we need to take aggressive action to <br />>>>> > >> teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace....not sellers.<br />>>>> > >><br />>>>> > >> With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we <br />>>>> > >> consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to <br />>>>> > >> see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the <br />>>>> > >> pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And we can do that <br />>>>> > >> WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, <br />>>>> > >> we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on <br />>>>> > >> gas prices if we all act together to force a price war. Here's <br />>>>> > >> the<br />>>>> > >> idea: For the rest of this year, DON"T purchase ANY gasoline <br />>>>> > >> from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and <br />>>>> > >> MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined <br />>>>> > >> to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other <br />>>>> > >> companies will have to follow suit.<br />>>>> > >><br />>>>> > >> But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of <br />>>>> > >> Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, <br />>>>> > >> don't whimp (sic) out on me at this point... keep reading and <br />>>>> > >> I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!! I <br />>>>> > >> am sending this note to about thirty people. If each<br />>>>> > >> of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)...<br />>>>> > >> and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =<br />>>>> > >> 3,000) .. and so on, by the time the message reaches<br />>>>> > >> the sixth generation of people, we will have reached<br />>>>> > >> over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million<br />>>>> > >> get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then<br />>>>> > >> 30 million people will have been contacted!<br />>>>> > >><br />>>>> > >> If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE <br />>>>> > >> HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!<br />>>>> > >><br />>>>> > >> Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people and DON"T <br />>>>> > >> purchase ANY gasoline from EXXON and MOBIL. That's all. (If <br />>>>> > >> you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you <br />>>>> > >> have to do is send this to 10 > >><br />>>>>people....well,<br />>>>> > >> let's face it, you just aren't a<br />>>>> > >> mathematician. But I am... so trust me on this one.)<br />>>>> > >><br />>>>> > >> How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email <br />>>>> > >> out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 <br />>>>> > >> MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next <br />>>>> > >> 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much <br />>>>> > >> potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.<br />>>>> > >><br />>>>> > >> If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. <br />>>>> > >> PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 <br />>>>> > >> RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Reduce Gas Prices

Well good morning TEX I was wondering when you would get started. Sorry didn’t read your post it just looked to log . Life’s to short.

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey TEX was also wondering if you were going to answer the questions on the "Tough Call " thread?<br />If you cant answer 1-4 then just answer #5 Thanks have a good day. :) <br /><br />PS I’m going over to Fort Riley this morning do you want me to say hay to any one?<br /> ;)

txswinner

Banned

Just repeated an e-mail I received thought it might be fun. Answered this am. #5 I do not know just love to read what is in the minds of others in this country. Nope know no one at fort Riley, do have an uncle in KC. I am actually right of center in my political philosophy but guess really left in some.<br /><br />Cousin flew 52 nucs and pavehawks and as he described is a true believer in the Iraq invasion and we visit quite often. Thinks I am nuts so maybe I am. You have a great day in Kansas.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

same email is doing the rounds over here but for BP and Esso-and has been in various forms for years.

woodrat

Ensign

Super unleaded is at $2.99 here in SW washington already, diesel is $2.86.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Gotta love snopes, they always get the story straight. :D <br /><br />Ken