red neck inventions

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer
I'll start , I invented the paint mixer way before I seen them for sale. Cut off the handle to one of mrs. thumbs mixing spoons and put it in a drill. ....... A guy at work made a pool heater from a cast iron radiator. Set it over a fire and circulated water through it.

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer
Re: red neck inventions

I had an uncle that did a similar thing with a radiator. Only it was used to make moonshine. :D

ZmOz

Captain

I made a shredder that consists of a lawnmower engine, mounted on top of a 55 gallon drum, with a blade spinning inside the drum and a pipe to shove random stuff into the spinning blade. :D I also made a pool heater with about 300' of black sprinkler tubing laid out in the sun.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Originally posted by ZmOz:<br /> <br />--------------------<br />It's good to be king, of your own little town...<br />It's good to get high, and never come down...
I worry about you ZmOz........

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Chris this is off topic but I've visited your neck of the woods. Some genius planned a "wine tasteing and boomerang throwing tour". Needless to say how that went. Watching wallabees when your from New Hampshire was fun especially after a few drinks. :)

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by achris:<br />I worry about you ZmOz........
It's good to be king, if just for a while <br />To be there in velvet, yeah, to give 'em a smile <br />It's good to get high, and never come down <br />It's good to be king of your own little town <br /><br />Yeah the world would swing if I were king <br />Can I help it if I still dream time to time <br /><br />It's good to be king and have your own way <br />get a feeling of peace at the end of the day <br />And when your bulldog barks and your canary sings <br />You're out there with winners, it's good to be king <br /><br />Yeah, I'll be king when dogs have wings <br />Can I help it if I still dream time to time <br /><br />It's good to be king and have your own world <br />It helps to make friends, it's good to meet girls <br />A sweet little queen, who can't run away <br />It's good to be king, whatever it pays <br /><br />Excuse me if I have some place in my mind <br />Where I go time to time <br /><br /> ;)

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Originally posted by alden135:<br /> Some genius planned a "wine tasteing and boomerang throwing tour". Needless to say how that went.
Scary!!!! Why didn't you invite me? :( :( :( <br /><br />
Watching wallabees when your from New Hampshire was fun especially after a few drinks. :)
Tried doing it drunk? :D :D :D

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class

About 45 yrs ago, when cops still road bikes and you could leave your own bike with the lock off I got interested in making my own boomerang. Dad got interested when he saw the prototype (2' made of multiplex, not the sissy-things we saw before). We launched it at a park...no practise throwing..... it went high and around a bush. Then a heavy klunk. Ten seconds later there comes this cop with our confiscated boomerang. It had landed in the spokes of his frontwheel while he was on the move. He was still figuring out whether this was a deadly weapon or not and didn't know exactly WHAT it was. So we showed him how to launch. After that he really confiscated it but was nice enough to let us off the hook without a fine. AND WE WERE NOT DRUNK!!<br />Frank