recoarse for not paying out of state parking tickets

crab bait

Captain
i got a 53 dollar parking ticket.. outta state in jersey last week.. <br /><br />what happends if'n i don't pay..??

ob

Admiral
Re: recoarse for not paying out of state parking tickets

If you're a gringo,you'll hang at noon.If not ,you probably were profiled and will get money. :D <br /><br />If you're consiencious,you'll just pay it.

ehenry

Commander

you'll probably get your license suspended if you dont pay it. Thats what happened to me when I got a parking ticket up in a little hole in the wall ARkansas town.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

In 1999 I got a parking ticket in Key West on a car I had rented in Marathon, and they still haven't found me yet!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by crab bait:<br /> i got a 53 dollar parking ticket.. outta state in jersey last week.. <br /><br />what happends if'n i don't pay..??
cb, it will catch up to you rest assured.<br />If it was me, and it isn't, I would pay the ticket. I would feel just too guilty if I didn't.<br />NOT!!!!!! :D

Fly Rod

Commander

:) true story!!<br /><br />A friend of mine gets a parking ticket in the state of Maine, he pays it and sends it through the mail!!! A year goes buy and he gets pulled over for speeding, they do a back check on him and comes up that he has an outstanding parking ticket!!! Well the state trooper was going to impound his car!!! Keep in mind this guy is 70 years old!!! Well after my friend told the officer the story that he paid the fine,and he must have believed him, he looks to the wife and ask if she had a drivers license and she did, he sent them on their way and to clear up the matter which he did and took over a month to do!!!!<br /><br />So I guess that in maine you could have your car impounded!!! :) :cool:

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Here in Texas its an iffy deal. State troopers warrents go everywhere, even out of the state. Most all towns will stay within the county. Some of the bigger cities can report there unpaid tickets on the national system. Me being me I would probably pay it.

Johnshan1

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hmmm, well I am in Maine and I have 2 outstanding parking tickets, never heard of actually getting in trouble for not paying!!

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

A friend of mine visited the US on a fly drive holiday, picked up 6 parking tickets in 2 weeks.<br />That was over 10 years ago and he hasn't been caught yet. ;)

fireman57

Captain

Crab Bait it sounds like you need to move to the UK if you don't want to get caught. Why would you want to go to New Jersy anyway?

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

Worst case really is that say a year from now you're back in NJ and get pulled over for something innocent like a taillight or something. Cop is going to let you go but he runs your license and you have a warrant issued for your failure to appear/pay on the ticket. So you go to jail to appear before a judge. And they impound your car. All for a $53 ticket you could have payed and been done with.<br /><br />You might say "It's just a parking ticket" but all the officer knows is that your license had a warrant against it and you're going in.

NYMINUTE

Captain

The parking fine ferry will come to your house, and spray paint "Cheepo" on your front door. IN RED!

salty87

Commander

federal pound ya in the _ _ _ prison

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> In 1999 I got a parking ticket in Key West on a car I had rented in Marathon, and they still haven't found me yet!
SoulWinner will be knockin on your door in the middle of the night, and it's not a fishing trip! :eek: :)

crab bait

Captain

yeah,, my outlaw days are over.. <br /><br />but then again,, maybe i can lay-low at the 'HIDEOUT'.. <br /><br />come an get me copper.. you'll never take me alive..

D

DJ

jtexas wrote:<br /><br />
In 1999 I got a parking ticket in Key West on a car I had rented in Marathon, and they still haven't found me yet!
The operative word there is........YET.<br /><br />When you're least suspecting-POW! You're busted. :eek:

Twidget

Commander

My Brother in law went through a 'the law doesnt apply to me phase' in the mid 80's. He had a couple of ticket that he didnt pay because he was moving to Mississippi.<br /><br />In the mid 90's, he was travelling on a business trip for California, returning to Mississippi. He stayed the night with us.<br /><br />It seems that since the Explorer he drove was leased and he didnt want to run up the miles, he had disconnected the odometer. Since the odometer was disconnected, the speedometer didnt work either.<br /><br />He got up about 5 am and hit the road east from FT Worth. He got as far as Canton and was doing 75 when he was pulled over. He didnt realize how fast he was going, since there was no traffic and his speedometer didnt work.<br /><br />He had to spend 6 hours in jail, waiting on me to get there with cash to bail him out. Oh, did I mention, it couldnt have happened to a nicer guy? :D :D