Recipes

tylerin

Commander
Got an e-mail from my Bald headed friend asking me if I had any Carp recipes. I told him I don't touch the stuff but I'd ask my friends at iboats if anybody had one. He's a good cook and has his own apron :D

Carphunter

Commander
Re: Recipes

I'm not touchin this one.<br /><br />Heck, little boy Ryan might beat me up. ;)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Many Europeans consider carp a delicacy.<br /><br />My German Mother-in-law asked me to bring home a carp, which I did. Fat 5-6 pounder.<br /><br />She wrapped it in foil along with a half stick of butter, onion slices, minced garlic and a bunch of other herbs I don't remember, and baked it at about 150 degrees for about four hours.<br /><br />Bones were melted and the rest tasted like onion-garlic baked cardboard.<br /><br />Bleah! :(

marcmccain

Petty Officer 1st Class

The best carp recipe I've come across is one I learned from a shepherd who lives in a mountain village just north of Madrid (here in Spain). An easy recipe you put on in the morning and eat when you come back home at lunch.<br /><br />It is similar to J.B.'s mother-in-law's recipe with a few minor and one MAJOR EXCEPTION.<br /><br />1. First, you take a pine board that is slightly larger than your carp... I recommend white pine over yellow pine. <br /><br />2. Put olive oil on the board and smear the oil around until the board has absorbed all the olive oil. (much healthier than butter) <br /><br />3. Next stuff the carp with a slice of cured ham, onions, minced garlic, parsley, and white wine. <br /><br />4. Put the carp on the (well oiled) pine board and sprinkle rock salt over the fish.<br /><br />5. Put everything in a slow oven (135 degrees) for about 6 hours. Slow cooking is a secret of many distinguished professional cooks.<br /><br />6. Check for doneness and remove to your stovetop to cool slightly while you set the table.<br /><br />7. Finally, and probably most importantly.... throw the carp in the trash and eat the pine board. (Remember: white pine is more digestable than yellow pine ;) )<br /><br />I've never found a better recipe for carp. :D

ebbtide176

Commander

LOL at JB & WH. i can just see that bleah! look on JB's face when his MnLaw wasn't looking
ew.gif