Rebuild kits for 1996 OMC 115 Turbojet

Abomb27

Petty Officer 2nd Class
HI, I am going to pull my powerhead and rebuild it for a winter project, the compression is low and a 30lb. difference from
highest to lowest. I know I have to disassemble the motor and take it to a machine shop to have it honed or bored first, then I can order a rebuild kit that has the right size pistons and rings. I have found 3 rebuild kits but all three are slightly different. My question is what is considered a complete and thorough rebuild kit. some have one crank bearing, some have three. Some have caged bearings, others don't. I know I have to examine my parts when the motor is apart, but is there a standard list of parts that should be replaced when the motor is opened. I enjoy working on this motor but I only want to rebuild it once and the right way. I would rather replace a part with new then hope I can get away with it. FAZTBULLET hoping you could chime in on this I read in an old post that you have rebuild kits?

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Rebuild kits for 1996 OMC 115 Turbojet

Get the mtr torn down first, and see what you have and go from there. You never know
what you have until you take it apart. That compression difference could have been your performance problem all along.

Last edited:

Abomb27

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I will take it all apart and post back. the compression got worse, it wasn't that bad a few months ago.

JayAnthony88

Recruit

im fairly new to iboat forums, and was wondering about the jet pump for my 97 omc 115 turbojet. some of the parts i need are now obsolete but am wondering if anyone can post pictures of the cover, pump cone (# 19 on parts diagram) for comparison on similiar products. has anyone had any luck in finding parts from different makes of jet pumps? i have found a few parts on ebay to complete my rebuild but can not find that cone. its the only part that i need! any help would be appreciated.

Abomb27

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I will post of pic of mine when I get a chance probably tomorrow. Did you try Lisa at turbo jet marine, she has alot of the obselete parts, and a ton of knowledge on turbojets.

JayAnthony88

Recruit

Thanks for the help, contacted the company and they have what I need. Only four parts away from getting her back on the water

Abomb27

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hey boobie, don't know if your still watching this thread. I decided to rebuild my omc 115 turbojet. I have the motor out and stripped down to the block with the flywheel attached. flywheel was giving me trouble so I called it a night. Anyway when I removed the intake bypass cover on the #1 cylinder, I could clearly see there was one ring on the piston. Im glad I pulled the powerhead.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Yes I'm still watching. My question would be, what happened to the ring that isn't there ?? You'll get a better idea when you get it all torn down. Keep us posted.