Reasons for picking the team you pick to win today

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Its funny to hear the reason's why people pick certain teams to win the Superbowl. For example, my Mom is picking the Patriots because the quarterback is so cute. <br />What are your reasons?

f_inscreenname

Commander
Re: Reasons for picking the team you pick to win today

All my family except for my brother and I live in Maine. Some how we both ended up in Maryland. I still call it home even though I haven't lived there for almost 30 years. One day I will go back but for now there is just no work. If it isnt the Ravens I want N.E. and anyone who beats the Colts is a friend of mine......sorry..... that is another story about a team sneaking out of town on a snowy winter night.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) The Patriots are a good all around team!!!<br /><br />Not just one or two players take all the credit!! They are a team!!!<br /><br />And I'm sure you will see it here tonite, neither team will have individual players name called and come running on the field individrually and you can thank the Patriots for that 4 years ago!!! They are a team!!! ;) :cool:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Any team that beats the Eagles is a team I root for.<br /><br />Well. . .maybe not the Redskins. :)

TilliamWe

Banned

I am with Fly Rod, I think the Patriots are a great TEAM. Maybe even the epitome of team.<br />I am a Pittsburgh Steeler fan, always will be. But when your team gets BEAT by the best, you gotta go with the BEST.<br /><br />(oh, and I think Terrell Owens is a selfish jerk. And that Donovan McNabb is way overrated!)

aspeck

Staff member

Pats are a good team - they beat the Steelers, so they must be good. Steelers already beat the Eagles (they beat the Pats too). Eagles are a PA team, but Pats are AFC ... So, rooting for both, sort of.<br /><br />Pats are the better team - probably the best since the Steelers of the 70's. Ain't gonna say anything about who has the cutest QB!

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by f_inscreenname:<br /> If it isnt the Ravens I want N.E. and anyone who beats the Colts is a friend of mine......sorry..... that is another story about a team sneaking out of town on a snowy winter night.
And the Ravens came from...............where?????<br /><br /><br />Sorry, couldn't resist that Jab. Any team who beats the Ravens is my team of the week.<br /><br />My team for permanent picks would be the Browns.<br />Diehard fan.<br /><br />In the SB, I am rooting for the Pats.<br /><br />AK Chappy

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Pretty good first quarter.

springhead

Petty Officer 2nd Class

New England Patriots will probably get lucky again and win the super bowl, lol<br />16-2 this season<br />17-2 last season<br />33-4 last 2 seasons<br />21 game win streak, thats a record i believe<br />2 super bowls in the last three years<br />Tom Brady is 8-0 in playoffs<br />they now have a running game<br />and the best head coach in history of the game<br />2nd in defense only too the steelers<br />i think ill pick the Patriots

jimalsk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ak Chappy I am also a die hard brown fan. Born and raised there. I even have my dog mask for the pound. It was a sad day here when the Cleveland Browns became the Baltimore Clowns. I was rooting for the Eagles,the under dog.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

alaska river runner,<br />I think we need to meet before I PCS out of here in June. This is tooo funny. We have a mutual acquaintance and both diehard Browns Fans.<br /><br />I go to Northern CA in June for at least a year. I will be trying to get back up here.<br /><br />AK Chappy

jimalsk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yea Chappy for sure. I'll e-mail you

f_inscreenname

Commander

Originally posted by AK Chappy:<br />
Originally posted by f_inscreenname:<br /> If it isnt the Ravens I want N.E. and anyone who beats the Colts is a friend of mine......sorry..... that is another story about a team sneaking out of town on a snowy winter night.
And the Ravens came from...............where?????<br /><br /><br />Sorry, couldn't resist that Jab. Any team who beats the Ravens is my team of the week.<br /><br />My team for permanent picks would be the Browns.<br />Diehard fan.<br /><br />In the SB, I am rooting for the Pats.<br /><br />AK Chappy
At least your city got to keep its team name and history. After the Colts left we still had the Baltimore Colts marching band and Johnny “U” but no team. Pretty sad. Like a bum talking about when he was rich. We did try to do it right. We had the best package for a expansion team out of all the cities that applied. Paul Tagliabue that big “C” word made sure it wouldn't happen so we had no other option. Even after all was in the past P.T. still thru a jab by letting Payton wear black shoes when Johnny passed. Johnny didn't even like Indy. There was no better day then when Paul had to hand the Ravens the Lombardi trophy. The look on his face was priceless. I still remember his quote “Baltimore cant support a NFL team” ... showed him. <br /> :p

TilliamWe

Banned

f, your town, Baltimore got the better deal in the long run, though. Your city got an established NFL franchise, that has won a Super Bowl since it came there. When was the last time the Baltimore Colts won the big game? And have they won it since they went to Indy? No.<br />Cleveland got it bad. Their "good" team left, and then won it all. They got a bad expansion team to replace it, and the team is still TERRIBLE!!!!<br />As a Steeler fan, I was a little sad when the Steelers killed them on opening night in their new stadium. And I felt sorry for the thousands of Browns fans that I sat with in Cleveland on November 14, 2004 as the Steelers whipped them.<br />I felt most sorry for my poor sister, who said to me, almost with a tear, "As soon as the Browns only scored a field goal after returning the opening kickoff to the 7, I knew they couldn't win the game". That was 1 minute into the first quarter, and a season ticket holder knew the game was lost!!! Sad Sad.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Yea we got a better deal but we didn't know it at the time. We just wanted football. Even a losing team.<br />“When was the last time the Baltimore Colts won the big game?”<br />Also true. I am only 36 so I missed the Super bowl years and watching Indy choke during the N.E. game was great. <br />“Cleveland got it bad. Their "good" team left, and then won it all. They got a bad expansion team to replace it, and the team is still TERRIBLE!!!!<br /> There good team??? If I remember correctly the browns were the only team that the Baltimore Colts had a chance of beating. That says something all by its self. Cleveland got a fresh start with a new team. What they did with it....well you can see what they did with it. Also our Superbowl team had maybe two players left over from the Browns days. Basically a new team. Cleveland also got to keep there name and history and the city was motivated to help the team. Not that bad of a deal. We would have taken it back then and been happy about it.<br />“And I felt sorry for the thousands of Browns fans that I sat with in Cleveland on November 14, 2004 as the Steelers whipped them.” <br />Well they beat us in the first game of this year and then the next week we handed Pitt there only regular season lose (I was there and it was great:D). I guess it all works out in the long run. :p

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Nothing personal f.<br /><br />Yes, we did get to keep the name and history. But that don't mean squat when the team goes nowhere. We have some of the most supportive fans, as well as some of the dumbest (beer bottle fiasco), and the town definitely supported the team. Art Modell moved the team for one reason and one reason only. $$$$$$ <br />He wanted a new stadium and didn't want the team to have to help pay for it. He sure didn't want to share the profits he would get if he did get a stadium. Sorry for the rant, lots of bad blood there. Talking about it definitely gets my blood boiling. I will be quiet now.<br /><br />People not on my favorite persons list.<br />Art Modell<br />John Elway<br />Ernest Byner<br />John Elway<br /><br />AK Chappy

TilliamWe

Banned

F, yes, Cleveland had a good team, before it went to Baltimore. See AK's references to John Elway, those were AFC Championship games. And while not many of players were the same, it was the same organization, that was in Cleveland. <br />So Baltimore got a fresh start with a better team than the one that left.<br />Cleveland got reemed, and it isn't fair.<br /><br />But enough hi-jacking here. How about that TEAM, the New England Patriots???

dolluper

Captain

The stats the odds