First, the pictures:<br /><br />
1438448-1.jpg
<br />
1438449-2.jpg
<br />
1438450-3.jpg
<br />
1438451-4.jpg
<br /><br /><br />Now, the story:<br /><br /> http://www.5newsonline.com/Global/story.asp?S=3609420&nav=2uEHcHCt <br /><br />Ferrari flattened by pickup truck<br />Jul 21, 2005, 10:10 AM <br />FORT SMITH--A Fort Smith family had their home remodeled, unintentionally, after a pickup truck landed in their garage on top of a 2000 Ferrari. <br /><br /> The accident happened just before four Sunday evening on Jenny Lind Road in Fianna Hills. According to the police report, the teenage driver reached for a cell phone and ran off the road and became airborne. He caused about two hundred thousand dollars worth of damage to the garage, the Ferrari, a PT Cruiser as well as 2 motorcycles. <br /><br /> The speed limit is posted at 30 miles per hour, but the owner of the damaged home as well as neighbors say there have been plenty of problems in the past. It's been nonstop traffic for the neighborhood with a steady stream of cars driving by to get a view of a flattened Ferrari and devastated garage.<br /><br /> Owner Steve Marts wasn't home at the time of the accident, but got the bad news over the phone. “I was just numb, just real numb,” Marts said. <br /><br /> Marts’ neighbor Glynn Craine says he's seen his share of accidents at that home. Two other separate incidents sent cars careening of the road and into the house. “I never dreamed of it when I built here,” Craine said. He's mended his mailbox three times, after cars curved off the road and onto his property. “If people would just slow down, speed kills.” <br /><br /> Marts says this accident won't force him out of his home. “We enjoy living there, other than that.” But it forces him to come up with some creative ways to keep it from happening again. <br /><br /> Marts says he's considering putting up boulders on the side of the driveway. He and his neighbor are also looking for some help from the city. They suggest more patrols for speeders and as well as some type of speed bump.

alden135

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Ready to Cringe?

Cringe, why? The cooler is obviously undamaged other than a little dust. Looks like there shouldn't be any problems getting it packed for the fishing trip. :D

bubbakat

Captain

I would beat him to a pulp and then proceed to hurt him. :D :D

eeboater

Commander

What I'm wondering is what he was planning on doing with the industrial sized box of 12 ounce Dixie Cups.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Speed bump.....Ferrari.....same thing. Shame about the F 150 though....nice truck.

jeepman79cj

Recruit

Ok, am i the only one who sees the irony in a man who owns a ferrari saying "If people would just slow down, speed kills."<br /><br />Um, pot callin the ketel black.......

iboater

Seaman Apprentice

i want to see what the street looks like. What kind of layout do they have where this happens a lot.<br />Wow he must have been flyin' :confused: :D :D :D

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by Jeepman79cj:<br /> Ok, am i the only one who sees the irony in a man who owns a ferrari saying "If people would just slow down, speed kills."<br /><br />Um, pot callin the ketel black.......
HEY!! Welcome to the board Bro!<br /><br />Sean

eeboater

Commander

Is anyone else impressed that the Ferrari can support an F150........ ON ITS ROOF!!!!!!?????

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

[/quote]HEY!! Welcome to the board Bro!<br /><br />Sean [/QB][/quote]<br /><br />OK there goes the E-neighborhood :) :) <br />0h and BTW welcome aboard J-man, sit back fasten your seat belt and enjoy the ride!

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

OH MY GOD! That poor Vespa has dirt on it!

aspeck

Staff member

Wonder if that is the Ferrari owners Hummer in the background?

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Jeepman79cj:<br /> Ok, am i the only one who sees the irony in a man who owns a ferrari saying "If people would just slow down, speed kills."<br />
What about the irony of owning a Ferrari AND a Vespa. That guy has serious issues . . .

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

What about the irony of owning a Ferrari AND a Vespa. That guy has serious issues . . .<br /><br />
It's the infamous Italian/Arkansas connection!<br /><br />Just fuggettaboutit! :cool:

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Do you think the teen learned anything? I wouldn't be wanting to pay for his future insurance,,,,,,,that is if any place will insure him now.