Reading Comprehension Test

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer
This is a test and it's not as easy as it looks . . . No peeking!! <br />> <br />> <br />> <br />>Count all the "F's" in the following text: <br />> <br />>FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE <br />>SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTI <br />>FIC STUDY COMBINED WITH <br />>THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS... (SEE BELOW) <br />> <br />>HOW MANY DID YOU COUNT? <br />> <br />> <br />> . . 1? <br />> . . 2? <br />> ... 3? <br />> <br />><br />><br />><br />><br />>WRONG, THERE ARE 6 !!-- no joke. <br />> <br />>READ IT AGAIN ! <br />> <br />> <br />> <br />> <br />> <br />> The reasoning behind this is further down. <br />> <br />> <br /><br />> <br />> <br />> <br />> <br />> <br />> <br />> <br />> <br />> <br />> <br />> <br />> <br />> <br />> <br />> <br />>The brain cannot process "OF". <br />> <br />>Incredible or what? Go back and look again!! <br />> <br />>Anyone who counts all 6 "F's" on the first go is a genius. Three is normal, four is quite rare. <br /><br /><br />I counted 3 and flunked the test. :D <br /><br />How did you do?????

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: Reading Comprehension Test

I counted 4 :confused: I saw the first 'of' but not the other 2 :confused:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Six.<br /><br />Not genius. Learned long ago to go over these tests backwards. :)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Aw heck, I peeked before I got the opportunity to demonstrate my ample IQ :D

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

counted 3 but knew that couldn't be the answer or else it wouldn't have been a test. Read it backwards and forwards 3 more times before I noticed the first "of," then the other two. That's an interesting exercise.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Heck, at first glance I thought the title was 'reading compression test'.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Dunaruna:<br /> Heck, at first glance I thought the title was 'reading compression test'.
It must be all that extra weight you get from being Down Under :D

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I found 4 as well.. Funny... I got the first of, but did'nt see the other two of's... Of course it is 12:40am.. Wierd... :eek:

Dunaruna

Admiral

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> ... Of course it is 12:40am.. Wierd... :eek:
I can't use that excuse, its lunchtime here. Maybe boomyals right :( <br /><br />Aldo

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I could swear those three "of"s were NOT there the first time. :rolleyes:

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Couldnt see the second two OF's even after reading the answer, I am really thick though!