re powering question

Waltfisher

Cadet
i traded in my 1999 evinrude 200hp ficht (fried emm) for a brand new 2015-175hp e-tec dsl 20 inch shaft. its going on a 1999 crestliner 1850 sport fish i just got the boat emm fried on the way back 1st time out, not good! the new motor has no prop, turns out the boats max rating is 175hp so thats what i bought. my question is can someone suggest a prop size to start with or what evinrude suggests to use on that motor?

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
The dealer should have been able to tell you that. Who did you buy it from E-tecs need dealer set-up.

Waltfisher

Cadet
i bought it at the dealer, it comes with no prop. i more trust the input of this forum and am looking for a best suited one to start off with.

ahicks

Captain
Most dealers will work with you on something like that. The most educated, well researched guess as to which prop will work out best is still a guess....

Getting it right the first time around is mix of luck and experience.

Waltfisher

Cadet
well as for the luck,,,not so good. as for the experience, the boat is new to me, therefore also not so good. you see i had a brand new prop that came with the boat that was for the 200,the deaer in order to make the deal fit my budget, said it would fit. to be honest i dont know what size it is, or if it should be used at all .i do know now is not the time to save a few bucks so research it is thx bud,

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Check Etec Prop Calculator if there's one. Need a starter prop, as currently loaded test it on a wot run and check if achieved at least middle wot rpm factory stated, but max wot rpm is preferred. Can go from there for a prop maximization. Lucky if dialing best prop on first attempt, usually at second or third attempt...

Happy Boating

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
well as for the luck,,,not so good. as for the experience, the boat is new to me, therefore also not so good. you see i had a brand new prop that came with the boat that was for the 200,the deaer in order to make the deal fit my budget, said it would fit. to be honest i dont know what size it is, or if it should be used at all .i do know now is not the time to save a few bucks so research it is thx bud,

​Put it on and run it, you'll know right away which way you need to go.