Re-Painting Fiberglass_Waverunner Hull

EBlake

Cadet
Well the kids are back in school & sadly those of us who live where the seasons change will soon be taking our skis off the lake for the last time this season. As our first venture into the world of PWC we purchased a 94 Waverunner III earlier this summer. We have had an absolute blast with it & are now looking for a good 3-seater to add to the trailer before next summer rolls around. In the mean time, the winter To-Do list is looming larger & larger.
When we bought our WR one thing I wanted to do was to lose the color scheme & left over 80's looking graphics & update the over-all appearance. I removed the bow graphics between trips to the lake, but want to re-paint the hull over the winter. Over all the hull is in great condition, but the purple/blue paint is gone off the center-line & chewed up around the area where the hull goes from horizontal to vertical on the sides. This & the color/graphics is what is driving me to want to re-paint over the winter.
The surface/gelcoat seems to be in really good shape, so I was wanting to ask advice on paint stripping, hull prep & repainting.
Has anyone repainted the fiberglass portions of their skis, either hull, or deck & if so does anyone have any product &/or procedure suggestions?
I've watched multiple boat re-do's on you tube, but the majority seem to be sailboats with the paint applied by roller. I've got the equipment to spray, but am wondering which method would suit the PWC environment best. I'm wanting to do the hull white with possibly some simple titanium colored graphics on both the hull & bow/deck.
Sorry for the long post, but just wanted to see what info was out there BEFORE I do something non-reversible.
Thanks!