re-compression test

jonah 65

Cadet
hi, comp.test on classic50 was,<br />#1-138 (psi)<br />#2-138<br />#3-112<br />#4-122<br />is this about right?-jonah.

aidenscott

Cadet
Re: re-compression test

#3 cylinderis not good. they shuold all be within 10% of each other. Sorry!!

jheron

Petty Officer 1st Class

Try soaking 3 with some deepcreep and work it in ... you might get lucky und free up the stuck ring...<br />Jon

jonah 65

Cadet

is deepcreep a trade name, i've never heard of it over here, do we call it redex.- cheers jonah.

MGuckin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

It is Seafoam in a can. A decarb. Over here we can get in an auto parts store or any boating store should have it or similar.<br />Regular Seafoam is designed to be mixed with your fuel.<br /> http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=000006 <br />Deep Creep is an aerosol version.<br />It is true the numbers should be within 10 % of each other but they still aren't to bad.<br />How does it run?

jonah 65

Cadet

the motor runs smoothly, starts well, but i don't feel like it's running to it's full potential.<br />when i bought the boat, last sept.,the guy told me that the boat didn't seem to go as fast as it used to, it wouldn't tick over any sense either.<br />i stripped and cleaned carbs, new diaphram, new plugs, and set up sync.& links best i could.i've got 3 different props, with 1 the motor will rev.<br />past its max(up to about 5800)with another it wont<br />get above 4000 and the other about 4600. i'm hoping to get the second one running up to 5500, and maybe fixing pot3 might do it. thanks for any further input guys, jonah.

Tatorbug

Seaman Apprentice

Lots of luck with trying to free a stuck ring on #3, but with it only down this much, you are probably getting all the compression this cylinder has to offer. It should still give you reasonable service.