re-circulation hose fitting

kgw

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi all,<br />I have a broken fitting for re-circ hose at the piston end of the block 86 rude 140,parts book doesnt show replacement part.is it available? if so does it unscrew or press fit? just how easy should you be able to blow through it? I tried to put a small wire in it (.030} it wouldnt go.dont know how big OMC cleaning tool is.the check valves are ok i cant blow through them but can suck air. still trying to fix idle prob but its cold out. thanks very mutch for all tour help<br /> Ken

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: re-circulation hose fitting

I'm not sure but I think you need a 327706 fitting. Ask your dealer for one and see.<br /><br />Good luck!

kgw

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks DHadley.<br />dealrt said its a good number but doesnt stock it, listed as"nipple". guess when I get it I'll know how it goes in and how big the hole in it is.<br />thanks for fast reply.<br />ken<br />P.S.Ive learned more about my motor in a few days than I ever would reading the omc manual.

Hooty

Rear Admiral

That 'fitting' is a check valve.<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

kgw

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi Hooty.<br />My parts list shows the check valve right behind the thottle plate close to the intake side of crankcase. when I blow through those they resist air but I can draw air through through them I thought that was how they were supposed to work.the cylinder side I believe is just a nipple I cant blow through them or draw air through. I am guessing they are blocked and was asking how big the OMC cleaning tool was.<br />All help is greatly appreciated ,Thanks Ken

kgw

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi Hooty.<br />My parts list shows the check valve right behind the thottle plate close to the intake side of crankcase. when I blow through those they resist air but I can draw air through through them I thought that was how they were supposed to work.the cylinder side I believe is just a nipple I cant blow through them or draw air through. I am guessing they are blocked and was asking how big the OMC cleaning tool was.<br />All help is greatly appreciated ,Thanks Ken

kgw

Petty Officer 2nd Class

dont know how double post happened ken

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Double post wuz so I'd understand. I've got one of those but I can't get to it right now. If ya don't have an answer by tomorrow pm, I'll try and dig it out and get back to ya.<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

kgw

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hooty,<br /> No I didnt double post on purpose,I clicked on add reply recieved mess." moderator is using sweep security,retry in 60 sec" so i did, and thats the result.sorry didnt mean to offend<br /> thanks again

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Hey Ken, no offense taken. I thought I had a couple of those fittings, in fact, I know I do but I can't locate them. I'll check again tomorrow.<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

kgw

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks hooty for your time,I didnt want to wrench it out without knowing how it comes out,dont want to bugger up the motor case<br /> thanks again.