Raymarine ev 100

Bibapulula

Cadet
Hello, i bought a boat with an raymarine ev 100 autopilot installed. I have a problem with the unit.. it turns back and fort all the time. I have tryed all sorts of settings but the boat still wanders back and forth. What could be wrong ? To small hydralic pump? Steering is a brand new baystar max 150hp hydraulic steering and engine Mercury F80.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
What are you using for a position (rudder) feedback sensor?

Has the unit been reconfigured and setup since you installed the new hydralic steering?

Bibapulula

Cadet
No rudder sensor installed, when the unit was orderd it dit not come with any sensor. I have tryed all sorts of settings but every setting makes the boat wander.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
No rudder sensor installed, when the unit was orderd it dit not come with any sensor. I have tryed all sorts of settings but every setting makes the boat wander.
The rudder reference is a much needed “option” that needs to be ordered separately.

The update rate of gps is slow (1 second) and filtered (averaged) Without the rudder feedback, the AP is left guessing on its location and the required (course) corrections between updates. Slow speed wondering is the result

Bibapulula

Cadet
Okok sounds like i have to buy one rudder sensor.. 🙂 What are the symptoms if the hydraulic pump is to small ?